Speculation: Fire Randy Carlyle?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Read this statement this morning and if I didn't know different, I would have said that Randy Carlye said it. "But my big thing here today is just, as we said earlier, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. You've got to get prepared, you've got to play right and you have to do it for 60 minutes and be patient. When you start chasing the game like we were tonight anything can happen. It's entertaining and all that for the fans but it's not a recipe for success whatsoever."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=447555

I literally sit down to every Leaf game and say the same thing, "I hope it's not a boring game where they win by 6".

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Read this statement this morning and if I didn't know different, I would have said that Randy Carlye said it. "But my big thing here today is just, as we said earlier, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. You've got to get prepared, you've got to play right and you have to do it for 60 minutes and be patient. When you start chasing the game like we were tonight anything can happen. It's entertaining and all that for the fans but it's not a recipe for success whatsoever."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=447555

Thanks for the link.

Here's something I picked up from Babcock's quote:

"We were just poor in our own zone on sort outs, on face-offs, which is just an easy thing to do. So for whatever reason we didn't get that done," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said,

IMO, this team either doesn't want to, or doesn't know how to, work hard. They are like a student that thinks they will always "get by" without putting much effort.

To paraphrase Babcock, it's easy to let the "little things" slip, and these guys just seem to find it too easy.

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
Maybe the Leafs should take advantage of this. Instead of using a bag skate to motivate them, the coaching staff should use Bowe's boxing expertise as a motivating. "Don't tighten up our system, 2 rounds with Bowe!"

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
The Chronicles of Riddick

I remember watching a huge brawl breakout in the stands during on of this guys fights - multiple low blows in Chicago I think - people getting KO'd by metal chairs.

This is what ideally should happen if the Leafs lose their next home game.

This and more this. If the leafs lose at home again this year the ACC should look like the end of the Simpsons hockey episode.

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
Ok, this isn't Carlyle but our coaching staff in general:

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters ·25m
Asst coach Cronin told players that although Blues outshot Leafs 21-5 in 1st 18 mins, the scoring chances were only 5-3 STL

I mean... normally I don't care what they say and usually just brush it off. But this is getting ridiculous.

Do they really believe this crap? Are they really that ignorant?

When will this stupidity end?

Jesus ****ing christ. Cronin IS a parody. Please just end this. Want them all gone.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Luke Harper from WWE is a Leafs fan too apparently, Carlyle had better watch his back.

@LukeHarperWWE
Toronto Maple Leafs are in Tampa and so am I tonight. Let's Go.
https://twitter.com/LukeHarperWWE/status/327182495110025216

1277489_10201981274990307_1843027399_o.jpg

If someone could photoshop a pic of this guy and Bowe's faces behind the bench staring down Carlyle, I will give them a cookie.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
i didn't see this thread soon enough and was thinking: "am i the only person who thinks that carlyle deserves some blame here?"

I think its over, get rid of the guy and move on!

Either he has totally lost the room and players just tune him out while poorly trying to execute his failing "defense first" system OR we just have the worst defense in defensive forwards in the world.

Since i don't believe in the later (although we aren't top 5 or anything in the league), i think a new system would do wonders for the leafs defensive struggles, especially in the Shots Against department :nod:

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Luke Harper is a big win for Leafs Nation

I would like to see him and Bowe souring right behind Carlyle at a game. Better than the normal guys.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Every Randy Carlyle Press Conference

"We are not playing at the level we need to, to have success in this league

If i had a nickel....

Exactly, he needs to shut the heck up and start making his team play or is it he can't and this is admitting he can't.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
LOL this franchise is at an all time low. Fan base, on ice play, management, ticket prices, availability, coaching, players, media and celebrity support . Why am I still a fan

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario

If i had a nickel....

"We received the game" hahahaha

Yes because your system is completely ****ed. Don't cover the points, then when you finally get the puck the forwards stand still at the opposition's blueline waiting for a stretch pass. Puck gets chipped off the boards because there is nobody to pass to and then it's back to defending.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

If i had a nickel....

by this he's saying our players are lazy or he's saying the current players don't have the talent to take us to the playoffs.

i think its the former, based on this video.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
There is no excuse for an nhl coaching staff not to have Reilly and Gardiner out on that last power play. That tells me it!s time for a change. Unexceptable

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
There is no reason for the team to play this badly. Even with the personnel that we have, and the ineptitude that some of them possess, we should be playing better. No one seems to have a clue what the **** is going on.

The only reason we're in the position we're in is because of individual efforts from Kessel and Bernier and a ton of loser points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad