Financial Boycott of Melnyk-owned Senators

Are you going to financially support a Melnyk owned team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
This will be my first season in many years spending $0 on the Ottawa Senators. I will not give them a dime until the team is sold. He’s turned my hometown team, that I’ve loved since I was a kid, into a laughingstock.

Reactions: dougie952

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
After Karlsson is traded I could see attendance falling to re-location territory:

Florida: 13,851
Carolina: 13,320
Arizona: 13,040

Will have nothing to do with Ottawa being a bad sports city or Sens fans not being dedicated enough.

Will have everything to do with Melnyk and Dorion.

Oct 10, 2010
After Karlsson is traded I could see attendance falling to re-location territory:

Florida: 13,851
Carolina: 13,320
Arizona: 13,040

Will have nothing to do with Ottawa being a bad sports city or Sens fans not being dedicated enough.

Will have everything to do with Melnyk and Dorion.
This will be for the best perhaps? So bad that the NHL gets worried enough to maybe force Melnyk to sell.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I guess you can chalk me up, but more because I live in the Yukon, and I use free streams for viewing. I gave up buying much for memorabilia a while ago now.

haha...me as well....not like i get back to Ottawa all that often so not supporting the team is fairly easy. Unless getting Center Ice is considered support.
It's too bad things have become such a gong show. I still miss and love Ottawa...and the fans there deserve far better than what they've been getting.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
haha...me as well....not like i get back to Ottawa all that often so not supporting the team is fairly easy. Unless getting Center Ice is considered support.
It's too bad things have become such a gong show. I still miss and love Ottawa...and the fans there deserve far better than what they've been getting.
Another one from the Yukon! Good to know I'm not the only one up here!

The fans really do deserve better than this. There's no reason the franchise should be such a mess.

Coors19

Jul 18, 2011
Its such a tough spot to be in as a fan... I want to support the Sens and will continue to but ever since Kunitz scored that OT goal it's been embarrassing to be a fan of this team. If fans boycott and stop supporting the team, thats when relocation comes into play, thats a reason why players don't want to sign here. It only throws another tire on the fire. As fans we should do everything we can to show that Ottawa can be a fun place to play, have the best fans in the league. Ya fans hate the owner, disagree with moves they made. But that part of being a fan, I know this is as bad as it can get it seems like but it will get turned around. It has to, be apart of the turn around! Don't just show up because theyre winning.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Does your boycott extend to not viewing games on TV, Listening to them on the Radio and contacting all the advertisers (of both) and inform them that you're going to boycott their products as well?

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I have a ton of patience with the organization, but even I have a tipping point. It hasn't been reached yet, but the potential is there...
Does your boycott extend to not viewing games on TV,
Yes. Then I could go back to being a cord cutter. Save myself a few bucks a month.
Listening to them on the Radio
Yes. I'd likely listen to more music and podcasts.
and contacting all the advertisers (of both) and inform them that you're going to boycott their products as well?
Nope. I'm too lazy to do that.

But there'd be no more Sens merchandise of any sort. I'd even reject free tickets.

Reactions: HF Reader

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Does your boycott extend to not viewing games on TV, Listening to them on the Radio and contacting all the advertisers (of both) and inform them that you're going to boycott their products as well?
tenor.gif

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Nope, unrealistic.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Its such a tough spot to be in as a fan... I want to support the Sens and will continue to but ever since Kunitz scored that OT goal it's been embarrassing to be a fan of this team. If fans boycott and stop supporting the team, thats when relocation comes into play, thats a reason why players don't want to sign here. It only throws another tire on the fire. As fans we should do everything we can to show that Ottawa can be a fun place to play, have the best fans in the league. Ya fans hate the owner, disagree with moves they made. But that part of being a fan, I know this is as bad as it can get it seems like but it will get turned around. It has to, be apart of the turn around! Don't just show up because theyre winning.
There is no chance of the Sens moving and every dollar given to Eugene keeps him here longer.

Oct 10, 2010
I think an empty building is for the best mind you it sucks for sure for the reason's you mentioned but if it forces Em to sell would be worth it!

Don't think the NHL would let EM relocate Ottawa is a great opportunity for a new owner that isn't an idiot.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I have a ton of patience with the organization, but even I have a tipping point. It hasn't been reached yet, but the potential is there...

Yes. Then I could go back to being a cord cutter. Save myself a few bucks a month.

Yes. I'd likely listen to more music and podcasts.

Nope. I'm too lazy to do that.

But there'd be no more Sens merchandise of any sort. I'd even reject free tickets.
inb4 "But won't you think of all the poor workers whose livelihoods at the radio station/TV networks you're putting at stake?!"

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't see how it helps the team afford the players we all want to watch, but ok gang. Won't look good on this city but knock yourselves out.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't see how it helps the team afford the players we all want to watch, but ok gang. Won't look good on this city but knock yourselves out.
They're not keeping the players we want to watch even with our support. What makes you think the needle will move in any significant way if we keep doing what we've been doing?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This will be for the best perhaps? So bad that the NHL gets worried enough to maybe force Melnyk to sell.

If the speculation is correct that the owner is "trying to get to the floor and see what happens" the league should be stepping in and protecting it's product and customers ASAP imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad