stats1

Jul 22, 2022
What we learned this game :

-the Kampf line can be a serviceable 4th line, great forecheck
-pp and pk has the potential to be much improved
-Stolarz looks more comfortable than Woll at this point
-Neither Timmins or Liljegren should be in top 6
-We look slower but are better structured
2.4 million for a serviceable 4th liner is a terrible contract. No idea why we really-signed Kampf when you can find guys like him for way cheaper

Reactions: authentic

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Love watching Nylander's agility.

Arguably top 5 in the league out of all the forwards for agility. Has that elite burst you can only be born with once he changes direction too. Not even the Norris winner is going to challenge Nylander 1 on 1 up-high in open space. The defender will get beat every time.
Nylander is by far and away the most naturally talented player the Leafs have had in decades. I've always said that.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Being a more physical team isn't just about hits and fights.
It's also about sacrificing the body and willingness to take damage to make plays.
The winning goal last night is a great example where there's a loose puck along the boards and Mitch is essentially in a 50-50 race/battle to the puck.
He starts off behind Fischer but gets the inside lane and wins the footrace to the puck while simultaneously taking a check while he flips it back off the boards to Matthews.
I've seen this exact sequence happen many times but instead of continuing in a straight line to the puck with no slowing down, many times our players will identify he's probably going to take a hit to win that battle and slow down then jump around the player while trying to pick their pocket.

Everyone will be talking about the sick dangles from Matthews or JT's great snipe but that goal never happens without Mitch making a winning play.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1532).png
    Screenshot (1532).png
    609.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot (1533).png
    Screenshot (1533).png
    406.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot (1534).png
    Screenshot (1534).png
    469 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot (1535).png
    Screenshot (1535).png
    509.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: DarkKnight

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Late to reply, but where are you located? If you are in the Leafs region it was on TSN4. The rest of the country should have been able to get it on SN+P. Sometimes your ISP may provide a public IP address to you that messes with these services. Would be easy to confirm using: What Is My IP?.

I am in NB. I have premium. It shows almost my exact location there.

Additional Details

Sportsnet+ owns the regional rights to the Oilers, Canucks, Flames and Leafs. In order to avoid being blacked out from those teams' regional games on Sportsnet+ STANDARD, you must reside within that team's broadcast region. For more information on blackouts, visit www.sportsnetplus.ca/support.

*All Sportsnet exclusive games are available on Sportsnet+ PREMIUM. If a game is on more than one network, the game is subject to regional blackouts. Sportsnet+ PREMIUM includes all out-of-market games. Limited blackouts apply.

I am aware, I used premium the last 2 years but it was blacked out for me when it should not be. I contacted support, got pissed off after wasting an hour of them trying to blame my ISP (when it also happens on mobile data) and had them refund me and will pirate the streams going forward.

Not paying for that product.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I am in NB. I have premium. It shows almost my exact location there.

I am aware, I used premium the last 2 years but it was blacked out for me when it should not be. I contacted support, got pissed off after wasting an hour of them trying to blame my ISP (when it also happens on mobile data) and had them refund me and will pirate the streams going forward.

Not paying for that product.
Interesting. Being in NB, any game the Leafs play vs the Sens or Habs that airs on TSN would not be on SN+P for you. You would have to have TSN (or TSN+) to see those. If that is not what is happening, something wrong is going on there without a doubt.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Interesting. Being in NB, any game the Leafs play vs the Sens or Habs that airs on TSN would not be on SN+P for you. You would have to have TSN (or TSN+) to see those. If that is not what is happening, something wrong is going on there without a doubt.

Yeah I have cable because I got it thrown in for a few bucks so I see the national games and playoffs. I am therefore able to watch Habs / Sens so I get premium so I can watch whatever games I want around the league.

As this was against Detroit, I know I should get the game but the app was acting like I was in ontario. The rep was trying to tell me I needed to get an IP override from my ISP I am like.. firstly wtf is that second of all it doesn't work on a different connection so explain that haha.

Sucks cause I just want to pay and get them all instead of dealing with pirate sites but there is no product that works for me it seems

Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad