GDT: Final Pre-season game Detroit @ Toronto - Saturday 7pm

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Our team is so slow now... he is not even that slow for our team anymore.
Tbh I don’t really like that aspect of our game. He may not be slow for our team but he’s gonna be slow against other teams, as will many of our players

I guess adapting a forechecking game and a heavy North-south game requires this, but I like a fast and hounding forecheck similar to the Florida forecheck as that really breaks down teams like ours who also don’t have the best puck moving behind the net

Speaking specifically for Tavares, he’s way too slow for the top 6. He’s the slowest one there and we’ve paired him with nylander, the fastest. I don’t really like the pairing as they always go through high’s but very low lows

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
That’s what the preseason was for. Be ready game 1, no excuses…
You can't really get into game shape without being in an actual game.... guys have tried doing cardio from hell, but it never the same as the muscles you use in the game, the stops and starts, reaction time... can't really learn that without guys pushing you into the boards.

Our A squad, only played 1 game so far... and its showing.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
1728172206875.png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Tbh I don’t really like that aspect of our game. He may not be slow for our team but he’s gonna be slow against other teams, as will many of our players

I guess adapting a forechecking game and a heavy North-south game requires this, but I like a fast and hounding forecheck similar to the Florida forecheck as that really breaks down teams like ours who also don’t have the best puck moving behind the net

Speaking specifically for Tavares, he’s way too slow for the top 6. He’s the slowest one there and we’ve paired him with nylander, the fastest. I don’t really like the pairing as they always go through high’s but very low lows

I'd rather have a faster and more skilled team.

I don't think our top 6 is particularly fast in general.

I want them to run a skilled top 9, so I don't disagree with splitting him and Nylander.

If anything, I feel like Nylander is the odd man out in the top 6, not Tavares.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You can't really get into game shape without being in an actual game.... guys have tried doing cardio from hell, but it never the same as the muscles you use in the game, the stops and starts, reaction time... can't really learn that without guys pushing you into the boards.

Our A squad, only played 1 game so far... and its showing.
Well all teams will be the same, so as I said no excuses. lol!

Reactions: no2ninja

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Random question.

For anyone who lives in the Ottawa region, or just outside the Leafs region, what's the sportsnet channel called that allows you to watch the Leafs outside their area called ?

Like there's Sportsnet One, Sportsnet W, etc.

Since this game is on TSN, I assume you can view it on Sportsnet if you payed the 35 bucks a month for Sportsnet to have no blackouts ?

no2ninja

Oct 22, 2023
Speed can also be a detriment if you cough up the puck... I love speed, but you need to pair it with skill. Just putting young horses out there, is asking for trouble, especially in the playoffs.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'd rather have a faster and more skilled team.

I don't think our top 6 is particularly fast in general.

I want them to run a skilled top 9, so I don't disagree with splitting him and Nylander.

If anything, I feel like Nylander is the odd man out in the top 6, not Tavares.
That's crazy.

The first part, sure.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
So far they seem to be struggling to embrace the north-south style that Berube wants to employ.

And by "struggling" I mean that was one of the most east-west periods I've ever seen this team play, and given that the Leafs are the ChatGPT definition of an east-west team, that's saying a lot.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Random question.

For anyone who lives in the Ottawa region, or just outside the Leafs region, what's the sportsnet channel called that allows you to watch the Leafs outside their area called ?

Like there's Sportsnet One, Sportsnet W, etc.

Since this game is on TSN, I assume you can view it on Sportsnet if you payed the 35 bucks a month for Sportsnet to have no blackouts ?
I only have to pay $23(after tax) a month for Sportsnet+ Premium (that's the name of the streaming service)

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He's the fastest forward there; surely more time for him if you think there's a speed deficit?

I don't mean he should be removed from the group, I mean that Nylander sticks out more based on speed than Tavares, I'm not saying this in a negative way, it is a positive.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I only have to pay $23(after tax) a month for Sportsnet+ Premium (that's the name of the streaming service)
I don't have it, but when I did it was 34 and it's still advertised as such, so you got lucky.

Does it say anything like "sportsnet west, sportsnet Ontario", or anything?

I'm seeing I can get order the channel a different way.

Being in Scarborough you're not considered in the Montreal/Ottawa region, so do you get those games from it, or no ?

I'm trying to get as much hockey as possible for myself and help a buddy who's a leafs fan in sens/Habs region

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad