Prospect Info: Final 2024 Blues Top-25 Prospects Ranking Results

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Another thing we’ve done in the past is do more of an averaging of our own rankings. Usually comes out pretty similarly as the polls ranking but it’s always interesting to see who moves up/down based on strong opinions either way.

Should we do that as well?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Koromyslov is 21st? It looks like STL fans just don't know a lot about their prospects outside NA...
I think it’s fair to say we don’t know a lot about our Russian prospects in particular. Our recent Russian draft picks have been in the later rounds and it’s not easy to find video on Russian prospects outside the top few guys (Michkov, Demidov, etc). You can find and stream KHL games online, but it can be difficult to watch live with the time difference and many streaming sites are sketchy/illegal. I mostly rely on what highlights I can find and reading reports from Russian posters like yourself, Caser, etc.

Please help us learn more about Russian prospects! Please post updates in our forum here and/or in prospect threads on the main boards when our prospects are progressing. I’m sure I’m not alone in saying I would love to read more reports of how guys like Koromyslov, Vorobyov, Susuyev, or Korotky are playing. All news, good or bad, is welcome.

Why are Blues fan so low on Mrsic?

Personally, he reminds me of a Hoffman type of player. Great shot, great on PP. also not great defensively but that can be worked on. Underrated passer. Smart.
I think it’s more about the Blues having a very deep prospect pool than people not liking Mrsic.

Personally, I don’t have Mrsic higher for a couple reasons. He’s not tiny, but he’s not exactly big either currently. He looks slender (for lack of a better word) on the ice, not sure he will ever have the frame to be an effective checking line forward. I am also a bit concerned that his production may have been inflated a bit by his linemates and that his offense may not translate to higher levels against bigger/faster players. Couple that with his relative lack of size and it adds up to a low floor top 6 or bust prospect IMO.

Will be an interesting prospect to watch, different team and new situation for him this year. He could shoot up rankings next year, but for now it’s hard to put him above older, more developed, higher drafted or higher floor prospects.

Another thing we’ve done in the past is do more of an averaging of our own rankings. Usually comes out pretty similarly as the polls ranking but it’s always interesting to see who moves up/down based on strong opinions either way.

Should we do that as well?
Yes please!

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad