Prospect Info: Final 2024 Blues Top-25 Prospects Ranking Results

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Below is the final 2024 Prospect Rankings from the polls.

I added how much they moved up or down compared to the results from a year ago.

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%) (-)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%) (-)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%) (+5)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%) (New)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%) (-1)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%) (-1)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%) (+4)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%) (+8)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%) (-2)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%) (+3)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%) (New)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%) (-2)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%) (New)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%) (+1)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%). (New)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
16. Jakub Stancl (31.1%) (NR)
17. Nikita Susuyev (36.6%) (NR)
18. Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (36.4%) (-)
19. Adam Jecho (41.3%) (New)
20. Colten Ellis (28.2%) (NR)
21. Arseny Koromyslov (33.3%) (-2)
22. Tomas Mrsic (28.2%) (New)
23. Simon Robertsson (45.7%) (-6)
24. Dylan Peterson (40.6%) (NR)
25. Leo Lööf (41.2%) (-11)

Graduated from last year’s list:
Hofer (3), Neighbours (6), Alexandrov (9), Tucker (12)

Dropped off from last year’s list:
Dickinson (20), Gaudet (21), Vorobyov (22)

BluesReport25

Jul 3, 2023
I'm surprised Ivan Vorobyov didn't make the list. I would have him as high as 8 to be honest. In the prospect camps I've seen him play in and a few games I've watched of his he has legit skill and upside. It's just a matter of if he ever wants to come to play for the Blues. But in a few years he could make a great addition to the top 9.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
It's definitely a fun activity. My only recommendation for next year would be to specify how the players are ranked. For example, are we assessing most skilled, most NHL-ready, highest floor, highest ceiling, or highest trade value? Without a qualifier, it's difficult to really compare players if people are basing their rankings on different attributes.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Below is the final 2024 Prospect Rankings from the polls.

I added how much they moved up or down compared to the results from a year ago.

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%) (-)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%) (-)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%) (+5)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%) (New)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%) (-1)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%) (-1)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%) (+4)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%) (+8)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%) (-2)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%) (+3)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%) (New)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%) (-2)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%) (New)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%) (+1)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%). (New)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
16. Jakub Stancl (31.1%) (NR)
17. Nikita Susuyev (36.6%) (NR)
18. Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (36.4%) (-)
19. Adam Jecho (41.3%) (New)
20. Colten Ellis (28.2%) (NR)
21. Arseny Koromyslov (33.3%) (-2)
22. Tomas Mrsic (28.2%) (New)
23. Simon Robertsson (45.7%) (-6)
24. Dylan Peterson (40.6%) (NR)
25. Leo Lööf (41.2%) (-11)

Graduated from last year’s list:
Hofer (3), Neighbours (6), Alexandrov (9), Tucker (12)

Dropped off from last year’s list:
Dickinson (20), Gaudet (21), Vorobyov (22)
I want to echo the thanks of others. This is always fun exercise. I find gaduated to be an interesting term for Alexandrov and Tucker, as neither looks to actually be NHL player at this point.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Given our recent moves(trading P Fischer), I would almost want to argue that we should do one more.

Not sure there’s anyone worth really pushing for, but the list seems incomplete at the moment.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Maybe you could share why you feel otherwise?

He's 20 and already plays in the KHL. He played 20 min/game average in the VHL last season as a 19/20 year old. Good size, good skating, equally good in offence and defense. I don't doubt he'll play a top4 role in the NHL one day. Maybe not for the Blues if they have so many great defensemen...

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
He's 20 and already plays in the KHL. He played 20 min/game average in the VHL last season as a 19/20 year old. Good size, good skating, equally good in offence and defense. I don't doubt he'll play a top4 role in the NHL one day. Maybe not for the Blues if they have so many great defensemen...
The biggest challenge for those of us in NA is Russian prospects are so inaccessible. Sure we can look at stats, but even highlight videos and scouting reports are scarce in comparison.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The biggest challenge for those of us in NA is Russian prospects are so inaccessible. Sure we can look at stats, but even highlight videos and scouting reports are scarce in comparison.
Not to mention that some posters, myself included, will rank a European player lower if there is some question as to whether or not they will come over to North America. It lowers their importance in your system if their is reason to doubt if they will ever play for your team.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm surprised Ivan Vorobyov didn't make the list. I would have him as high as 8 to be honest. In the prospect camps I've seen him play in and a few games I've watched of his he has legit skill and upside. It's just a matter of if he ever wants to come to play for the Blues. But in a few years he could make a great addition to the top 9.

He is in the KHL out of training camp for the first time this year as a 22-year-old but Vityaz wasn't very good last season.

Are the Blues still interested in signing him?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not to mention that some posters, myself included, will rank a European player lower if there is some question as to whether or not they will come over to North America. It lowers their importance in your system if their is reason to doubt if they will ever play for your team.

Given he was the best SKA defensive prospect and they traded him, it means he refused to resign. His contract is over on June, 1st, 2025, and it looks like he's going to move to NA.

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
Why are Blues fan so low on Mrsic?

Personally, he reminds me of a Hoffman type of player. Great shot, great on PP. also not great defensively but that can be worked on. Underrated passer. Smart.

Reactions: STLegend

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Why are Blues fan so low on Mrsic?

Personally, he reminds me of a Hoffman type of player. Great shot, great on PP. also not great defensively but that can be worked on. Underrated passer. Smart.
I think you inadvertently indicated why - if he’s a Hoffman type player if everything goes right, then he’s top 6 or bust. High ceiling, but very low floor. And even if he is a Hoffman type player, he better be scoring or else he’s otherwise mostly useless and pulls his line down (of course, he could improve on the D-end so that he’s not a negative player). Then folks have different views on his chances of reaching that ceiling. Picks past the first round have a low likelihood of being NHL players as it is. That said, he’s certainly an intriguing prospect because of his high ceiling.

Edit: Didn’t mean to quote you, @Kshahdoo, and now I don’t know how to correct it on my phone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I think you inadvertently indicated why - if he’s a Hoffman type player if everything goes right, then he’s top 6 or bust. High ceiling, but very low floor. And even if he is a Hoffman type player, he better be scoring or else he’s otherwise mostly useless and pulls his line down (of course, he could improve on the D-end so that he’s not a negative player). Then folks have different views on his chances of reaching that ceiling. Picks past the first round have a low likelihood of being NHL players as it is. That said, he’s certainly an intriguing prospect because of his high ceiling.

Edit: Didn’t mean to quote you, @Kshahdoo, and now I don’t know how to correct it on my phone!
FYI, you delete that quote by placing the cursor inside the quote and then delete the characters.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
100%

Always a big question mark with Russians, unfortunately. If the Blues had any indication he’d be coming over, he’d likely be ranked higher.

Given he was the best SKA defensive prospect and they traded him, it means he refused to resign. His contract is over on June, 1st, 2025, and it looks like he's going to move to NA.
Where do you find KHL contract terms?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
100%

Always a big question mark with Russians, unfortunately. If the Blues had any indication he’d be coming over, he’d likely be ranked higher.

Where do you find KHL contract terms?
Well, the Blues likely DO have an indication of these kids’ intentions. Doesn’t mean we do though. And we’re the ones doing the rankings. At least here anyway.

Koromyslov is someone who I could see shoot way up the list for me if I knew he was definitely planning on coming over. He’s big, mean and I like his gaps.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Eh, these polls are for fun and should be looked at as such. Most pundits who have a lot more resources than us don’t know a lot about any of the prospects in the Blues system. It’s a bit silly to expect armchair Blues fans to be experts if national writers aren’t any better.

Sure there are plenty of things I think are silly in this list and it does not match my own. But Koromyslov is not any worse for not being viewed much by the typical Blues fan highly. I really like him but he is similar to Burns in my view. Neither are going to be the stars or their pairings but both will provide a complimentary element to whomever is next to them. I personally have him around 12th or so. But the Blues are cornering the market on players like Koromyslov so choosing one over the other is always going to come down to biases and splitting hairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad