Player Discussion Filip Zadina signs PTO, maybe.....maybe not (Signs in NL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Shockingly, one of the few guys who can challenge Skinner for poor defensive impacts on his team last year. Wow.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Zadina is a guy who plays hockey. Yup, no doubt about that. He plays this sport.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't really believe that it will be good, but okay, it's PTO.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I remember him being the unanimous no.3 pick in 2018 challenging for no.2 but remember not being enthralled with his skillset and thinking i was missing something turns out he wasn't a line driving two way wing who can score still surprised he hasn't developed into mid six support player who could pot some goals due to his heavy shot hopefully he can rejuvenate his career here and bounce back into player who gets a contract and find continued success I think he was still overdrafted at 6 but still looked like a top 20 pick heavy shot hopefully he his not heavy footed still as I think top end speed is what kept him from translating his game he'll need to figure out how to play a different game probably carve out a role as a bottom six player rooting for his comeback

Reactions: HOOats

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Like I said in another thread I doubt he turns into anything but it's a risk willing to take. Hopefully he sees this as a last shot kind of opportunity & runs with it.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Rare PTO by Adams.

Hopefully just competition in camp and a tour guide for when they have an expanded roster in Europe.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
I've kind of always wished the Sabres would use PTOs more. It truly is low risk stuff and maybe you find a contributor.

Former first rounder, still young-ish. Lots of evidence to say he is a defensive nightmare, but still worth a shot, I think.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
If Skinner's lack of defense needs to be replaced, this guy is the one to do it.
Seriously though, better than a rock on the head, I guess.
Question: Who was the last PTO that turned into something?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, this is simply not what we need, considering that we have the same Kulich and other young players. If we are going to add a forward, then a proven top 6 player.

Reactions: jd1970

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
I saw this as a potential move the other day in one of those dog days of summer articles and just assumed it was BS.
I saw the same "Sabres should go after Zedina with a PTO" article. I'm thinking so did this Pavel Barta guy, except lost in the english-to-czech translation was the notion this was only a suggestion, and instead he posted that it was happening. And then the north american media here picked that up and ran with it. :rolleyes:

This article was posted an hour before the one @Chainshot linked:

My guess is that they saw this article and jumped the gun, which is comic considering it's their own publication.
Ugh, I should read through a whole thread before replying. Yeah, same general conclusion from confusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad