Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
He'll do great in the A, how great he'd do in the NHL is a debatable subject. If he's given the chance to play in the top 6 (after some seasoning in the A), he'll produce, if he's plugged into the bottom 6, I don't think he'll produce, and that probably means he wouldn't be able to work himself from the bottom 6 to the top 6.

At his high end, he could be a Sergei Samsonov, at the lower end, David Desharnais, absolute bottom he'll be a PPG player in the A.

That's great he's had a strong start. Hopefully he can win back some of the boo-birds in here.

Reactions: Bombshell11

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Because Mesar is a playmaker. He needs to show he is a good passer and produce to step in the show. I don’t expect the same for Beck. Beck, he can get a good % on faceoff, reliable defensively, and i’m gonna be allright cause his profile looks like a bottom 6 player in the NHL. He needs his part of point, but not like Mesar
Weird.. considering they are playing on the same line. So Mesar is supposed to produce and Beck isn't... that seems not great for Mesar!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Weird.. considering they are playing on the same line. So Mesar is supposed to produce and Beck isn't... that seems not great for Mesar!

If Mesar doesn't produce what does he bring to the team? Beck will be in the NHL not because of his skill but how he plays the game. But it's HF where fans think they can look at the stats of Danault and tell you what Beck will turn into. When fans kept saying over the summer that Beck would force his way onto the team I kept saying he doesn't look ready for the NHL to me. He will need to work on things in Laval just like Mesar will.

No one knows what these kids will turn into yet it doesn't stop people from trying to pretend they know what say any non Crosby, McDavid, types will become in 5 years. It's often a long process but that doesn't stop most from jumping the gun and running with it, good or bad. Things take time to unfold.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
If Mesar doesn't produce what does he bring to the team? Beck will be in the NHL not because of his skill but how he plays the game. But it's HF where fans think they can look at the stats of Danault and tell you what Beck will turn into. When fans kept saying over the summer that Beck would force his way onto the team I kept saying he doesn't look ready for the NHL to me. He will need to work on things in Laval just like Mesar will.

No one knows what these kids will turn into yet it doesn't stop people from trying to pretend they know what say any non Crosby, McDavid, types will become in 5 years. It's often a long process but that doesn't stop most from jumping the gun and running with it, good or bad. Things take time to unfold.
All I'm saying is if that's the outlook, it's not very fair to Mesar to have to produce with a player who doesn't need to produce.

I was one of the most excited here for the Beck pick and I agree he needs more seasoning. No reason to rush him. Let him adapt and come up strong rather than come up, not quite ready, and get lost in the shuffle.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

People can call someone a bust or a bad pick and as soon as they are good, champion them as if they always believed.

No one cares about the players predicted to bust, they bust more than they succeed. Value is knowing who will succeed and that's a hard ass job.

Reactions: montreal

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
People can call someone a bust or a bad pick and as soon as they are good, champion them as if they always believed.

No one cares about the players predicted to bust, they bust more than they succeed. Value is knowing who will succeed and that's a hard ass job.

Amen

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
All I'm saying is if that's the outlook, it's not very fair to Mesar to have to produce with a player who doesn't need to produce.

I was one of the most excited here for the Beck pick and I agree he needs more seasoning. No reason to rush him. Let him adapt and come up strong rather than come up, not quite ready, and get lost in the shuffle.

life's not fair, and in the end this is just fans talking on a message board so it's meaningless, players like Mesar either learn to work harder or they don't and in a few years end up in the Euro leagues. Fans like to pretend they know at the draft how it's going to work out for said player, how they will handle things like failure, defeat, despite it being impossible to know these things, that won't stop them from telling us how they just knew he was always going to be this good or whatever.

Mesar is a playmaking winger that lacks size, strength, and has shown inconsistent efforts. That's a lot to overcome, the speed, skating, vision, playmaking are all NHL level so I don't even care about his points and never did as I hate stats more or less. He's either going to figure things out in time or he won't, what anyone says about him or his game on a message board is nothing but a waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad