Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't get why people are so focused strictly on point production. It isn't the most important thing for me at this point.
The most important thing for me is if we can match a Beck/Mesar duo against any line in the AHL and come out on top.
Having a shut down line who are also productive has been a main ingredient in many many championship winning teams.
I think those who were saying the kid was going to get 200 pts in the OHL set us up for doom and failure.
He is a decent little hockey player, but has underwhelmed for the most part........let's hope he has a good season in the AHL and we can move from there.....

Reactions: Rapala and montreal

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think those who were saying the kid was going to get 200 pts in the OHL set us up for doom and failure.
He is a decent little hockey player, but has underwhelmed for the most part........let's hope he has a good season in the AHL and we can move from there.....
Yeah also let's remember Roy lead the AHL in points in the first month and then had struggles the rest of the year. The we were right drum beaters are way too early.

It's good that Mesar isn't struggling after two games but he's still not the first call up option and he's still got a lot to prove if he wants to become a top ten prospect again.

He also had a very hot start last year in the ohl before slowing down in the final stretch. Also hilarious at the one guy attempting to dunk on his team mates when 90% of them hadn't played a game yet this year. Also ignoring that Mesar was the highest drafted player on Kitchener last year and should be expected to be better than the rest of them. Revisit in January or May who is doing what if you want your celebration lap. Not two games into the year when Mesar is the only one who has played.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Yeah also let's remember Roy lead the AHL in points in the first month and then had struggles the rest of the year. The we were right drum beaters are way too early.

It's good that Mesar isn't struggling after two games but he's still not the first call up option and he's still got a lot to prove if he wants to become a top ten prospect again.

He also had a very hot start last year in the ohl before slowing down in the final stretch. Also hilarious at the one guy attempting to dunk on his team mates when 90% of them hadn't played a game yet this year. Also ignoring that Mesar was the highest drafted player on Kitchener last year and should be expected to be better than the rest of them. Revisit in January or May who is doing what if you want your celebration lap. Not two games into the year when Mesar is the only one who has played.

No, his teammates were trash. There is no discussion over this. Pinelli... 2 GP, 0-0-0 so far this year.

Even when he makes it into the NHL you will be pessimistic.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
No, his teammates were trash. There is no discussion over this. Pinelli... 2 GP, 0-0-0 so far this year.

There are 2 extremes, those who call a 20 year old a bust, and those who say he'll score 200 points at 18 years old in the OHL ;) reality is somewhere in between. Rooting for the kid, redemption tour on full steam

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
There are 2 extremes, those who call a 20 year old a bust, and those who say he'll score 200 points at 18 years old in the OHL ;) reality is somewhere in between. Rooting for the kid, redemption tour on full steam
Don't exaggerate. I only predicted 180 points.

• Haha
Reactions: Sagikev

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Why did all of them do better in the ohl then? First two games and everyone is trash? Lol.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Why did all of them do better in the ohl then? First two games and everyone is trash? Lol.

Because they are limited players with low IQ and not much upside. Pinelli used his age, speed and shot to break through <-- this obviously wont translate into the NHL, the best he can hope for is to develop into a power forward or energy type of player playing on the 4th line.

Mesar ceiling is 1st line duties and 1st pp wave

Mesar could have done alot better if kitchener realised his assets and made him be the no1 guy but Mckenzie wanted to push his guys Pinelli and Arcurri first at the expense of Mesar. Maybe part of it was due to them disliking the Slovak as a teammate... i dont know... Mesar did say he had a really tough time in kitchener

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad