Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Is this consensus on Beck? From my viewings he displayed great IQ. I think he possesses a very complete tool box. He lacks top end skills but that's it.

I think he's an ideal 3C with 2C potential still. He's our very own Ryan O'Reilly, I'm super high on him.
I don't think many if any agree with me here, so definitely not the consensus.
If he had the IQ, he would certainly have that O'Reilly-type potential for us, but personally I don't see it. I think he has the skills and the physical attributes, but I've seen the guy trying to pass the puck to the ref at times thinking it was a teammate lol. I hope I'm wrong big time about him but I really see a 4th liner.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Saying Beck's IQ is low is one of the worst takes I've seen in quite some time. As for Mesar he isn't competing against Beck.
He's competing against guys like Roy Newhook Demidov .
I never implied he was competing against Beck, don't know where you're getting that from. And he certainly isn't competing against Demidov either. Roy, Newhook, Gallagher, Armia. Those are his competition. I see his potential as a really good 3rd line guy who can be a temporary injury fill in on a top 6.

I think anyone who sees high hockey IQ in Beck doesn't know what they are watching, with all due respect. To be clear, I'm not saying he isn't an intelligent player/person. I'm talking about offensive awareness/vision/poise, that kind of thing.

Let's revisit this post later in the year. I personally think Beck is all physical skills and attributes, zero vision and poise. Doesn't mean I think he's a bad player, I just think he doesn't have the hockey brain to keep up with his impressive skillset.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I never implied he was competing against Beck, don't know where you're getting that from. And he certainly isn't competing against Demidov either. Roy, Newhook, Gallagher, Armia. Those are his competition. I see his potential as a really good 3rd line guy who can be a temporary injury fill in on a top 6.

I think anyone who sees high hockey IQ in Beck doesn't know what they are watching, with all due respect. To be clear, I'm not saying he isn't an intelligent player/person. I'm talking about offensive awareness/vision/poise, that kind of thing.

Let's revisit this post later in the year. I personally think Beck is all physical skills and attributes, zero vision and poise. Doesn't mean I think he's a bad player, I just think he doesn't have the hockey brain to keep up with his impressive skillset.
Dude you said Beck the recipient of the MVP trophy at the Memorial Cup had limited IQ which is FALSE.
Anyone who doesn't appreciate what Beck does at both end of the rink doesn't know what they are watching.
Beck isn't an offensive player his vision is more than fine for his role and as for poise give me a break.
Beck will be a Montreal Canadien Mesar probably not.

I guess Mesar must obviously be Mensa material. :dunno:

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Mesar and Kidney scream AHL/Europe to me. Decent guys to have in the A for now in case of injuries, but they haven't done much since being drafted, and the list of prospects ahead of them continues to grow.
Mesar may have underperformed since being drafted but the same cannot be said about kidney. Two 100+ seasons in the Q and his first pro season the A. I do agree that Kidney probably won’t make the Show but he has shown more than Mesar

Dude you said Beck the recipient of the MVP trophy at the Memorial Cup had limited IQ which is FALSE.
Anyone who doesn't appreciate what Beck does at both end of the rink doesn't know what they are watching.
Beck isn't an offensive player his vision is more than fine for his role and as for poise give me a break.

For similar reasons why people discredit Reinbacher, Montreal fans want to be wowed or it’s busy. The reality is guys like Beck and Reinbacher win in the playoffs when games are tight

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Gilbert Delhorme... you're an ex habs player and you can't call a buddy in the habs organisation to confirm Mesar's weight?

Check tes facts bigz... Mesar is 184 lb not 168lb... you were only off by 16 lb !
Lache HockeyDB

Je regrette bombshell11 mais c'est pas assez lourd! Qu'il mange ses croutes, la LNH c'est pas la tite ecole la!

1000008846.jpg

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

Ok bud, just completely miss the point of what I said then.

Beck is a heart and soul player, with lots of technical skill and good physical attributes. Of course I appreciate his game. I think he will be a welcome replacement for Evans one day. He definitely does not have poise or vision enough for a potential top 9 center role in the NHL, in my opinion.

Mesar, on the other hand, does have the poise and vision required to be a top-9 NHLer.

I changed from "IQ" to "poise and vision" to be specific to my point.

Hope to be wrong on Beck and right on Mesar, let's see what happens this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad