Prospect Info: Filip Mesar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No one in the AHL is better than him and that's including Owen Beck imo.

Mesar has a lot of tools. I especially like his short area quickness mixed with his IQ and skill. He's able to make plays under pressure, with no time and space. That bodes well for his chances at making an NHL top-9 one day.

A guy like Beck has a really good chance to be a 4th line player because of his intangibles, but the IQ is so limited, I feel like he'd need to take some major steps to be a top 9 player.
Saying Beck's IQ is low is one of the worst takes I've seen in quite some time. As for Mesar he isn't competing against Beck.
He's competing against guys like Roy Newhook Demidov .

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Saying Beck's IQ is low is one of the worst takes I've seen in quite some time. As for Mesar he isn't competing against Beck.
He's competing against guys like Roy Newhook Demidov .

Mesar needs to work on his game without the puck, once that is done he'll be on the first PP and possibly 1st line with Slaf and Demidov. His offensive capabilities are elite. Im not saying hes going to be generational but a 1st PP wave with Slaf, Demidov, Hutson and Mesar will destroy the league.

Beck is a very capable player i don't understand why people see him as a 4th liner? he's either going to be on a 2nd or third line of a strong lineup.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mesar needs to work on his game without the puck, once that is done he'll be on the first PP and possibly 1st line with Slaf and Demidov. His offensive capabilities are elite. Im not saying hes going to be generational but a 1st PP wave with Slaf, Demidov, Hutson and Mesar will destroy the league.

Beck is a very capable player i don't understand why people see him as a 4th liner? he's either going to be on a 2nd or third line of a strong lineup.
Yeah NO.
Mesar is not that good c'mon man he's miles away from being a first line player in the NHL and he isn't displacing Suzuki or Dach at center.

Last edited:

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z

I know we can't ask about real life stuff so no need to anwser, but...

Are you Filip?
If you are, then I admire your self-confidence.

Are you his mother/father/brother/sister/best friend/lover?
If so, then I admire your faith and relentless support.

Are you a just a hardcore Filip Mesar fan?
If so, your player fandom seems to outweight your habs love.

It's ok I guess.

I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Are we getting over the top speculation about Mesar because he isn't on the trip? :huh:
For me it means he's closer to Laval at this point.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I was down on Mesar, but his fair performance in camp makes him more relevant for me in Laval. It’s all up to how well he performs in Laval this season.

Reactions: themilosh

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Seems like he pissed some people off in the organisation over the years.
I don't think so. I think we underestimate how tough it was on him to watch his Bud make the top team.
This while he ends up two steps below in a foreign Country.
The very first thing I noticed about Mesar this year was his maturity coming out in his interview.
This is probably an indication that his progression curve is now in the ascendancy.
Which would be fantastic news for us.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
No, he's just not going to win a top 6 spot this year. So he's with the Laval group because that's where he will be developing this year

I dont know hes the type of skilled player who will help you on the PP, can hold his on in 5vs5 and would benefit from starying with the pros to learn the game quicker even if it meams less ice time.

They talked about how Hutson is very smart and he will figure things out but i see Mesar as a smarter, faster player who adapts quickly.

To me its clear they're trying to teach him a lesson.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I dont know hes the type of skilled player who will help you on the PP, can hold his on in 5vs5 and would benefit from starying with the pros to learn the game quicker even if it meams less ice time.

They talked about how Hutson is very smart and he will figure things out but i see Mesar as a smarter, faster player who adapts quickly.

They're not. I like Mesar but you're just overrating him. He needs more development time. He's not gonna play over Caufield Newhook Slaf or Laine. He's not gonna play over Roy Anderson Gallagher Armia at this point.

1st line minutes and PP1 for Mesar in Laval is best for everyone. Hutson is a superior prospect and it's clear by how Hutson has been able to tilt the ice in his favor every shift while Mesar has had a handful of good moments over all of his games, at best.

Even as fans of him, you and I can recognize he can play better than he has this camp and he hasn't put his best foot forward to make any ambitions of more, very likely for him

Reactions: Hacketts

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I think you may have created a higher expectation than required, so you're trying to figure some superfluous reason why he's going to Laval.

But in reality, Mesar is following the typical path for most prospects. He played 2 years of CHL, and now he's in the AHL for his first pro season.

Not sure what lesson they're trying to teach him there.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

They are trying to teach him a lesson, better players go to the front of the line and if you want to get there work harder.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I think you may have created a higher expectation than required, so you're trying to figure some superfluous reason why he's going to Laval.

But in reality, Mesar is following the typical path for most prospects. He played 2 years of CHL, and now he's in the AHL for his first pro season.

Not sure what lesson they're trying to teach him there.

The same lesson they tried to teach Subban when they forced him into a bridge contract rather than pay him what he was worth then alienate him when it was time to give him his big contract, send him through arbitration instead of embracing him as the no1 player of the team and build the team around him.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
The same lesson they tried to teach Subban when they forced him into a bridge contract rather than pay him what he was worth then alienate him when it was time to give him his big contract, send him through arbitration instead of embracing him as the no1 player of the team and build the team around him.
Who is ''THEY''?

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

It’s good news for Mesar that he hasn’t looked as bad at camp as people expected. Now he needs to show he can take a big step forward in Laval this season. His work is cut out for him.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
They're not. I like Mesar but you're just overrating him. He needs more development time. He's not gonna play over Caufield Newhook Slaf or Laine. He's not gonna play over Roy Anderson Gallagher Armia at this point.

1st line minutes and PP1 for Mesar in Laval is best for everyone. Hutson is a superior prospect and it's clear by how Hutson has been able to tilt the ice in his favor every shift while Mesar has had a handful of good moments over all of his games, at best.

Even as fans of him, you and I can recognize he can play better than he has this camp and he hasn't put his best foot forward to make any ambitions of more, very likely for him

I dont think i have ever overrated Mesar, I have exaggerated my predictions but i still think he's got elite offensive talent but has giant holes without the puck... which is very easy to teach.

He was considered a wonderkid in Slovakia and was rated to go out as early as 10. Only issue with him was his size and defensive game.

Im exited to see him play in Laval this year and show everyone what he's trully capable of

Who is ''THEY''?

Define "who"

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Our AHL farm has not developped a top-9 forward in recent years, but 15-20 years ago it did.

Micheal Ryder spent three seasons in the AHL before graduating
Tomas Plekanec 2 seasons
Chris Higgins 2 seasons
Andrei Kostitsyn 2,5 seasons
David Desharnais 3,5 seasons (haha good memories)

It might be the case with Mesar.

Or not.

The thing is, we don't know yet.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Every single Mesar interview;

Media: What it's like to be Slaf best friend?

FM: We are friends but we live 1 hour apart and each have our own friends circles and don't really see each other

Media: Did you do something with Juraj this summer?

FM: :eyeroll: yes we saw each other once at the hockey Slovakia summit

Media: please tell us more about Juraj

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad