Value of: Filip Hronek

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He disappeared in the playoffs..
Not sure if this matters but apparently he had an elbow injury which prevented him from taking his slap shot/probably affected a lot of other parts of his game.
He took like one clapper in two weeks and it was a goal in game 7.

Reactions: David71

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
So then what would you want for Hronek and Mikheyev then?
Honestly I don't know enough about Sharks depth or players to have an accurate proposal. What our needs are is a speedy defensive RHD, PK centre with speed. So in other words anything we receive back has to be someone that isn't slow. Picks are always nice but I think if were trading Hronek we need an NHL ready player to jump into a top 4 role on right side.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Honestly I don't know enough about Sharks depth or players to have an accurate proposal. What our needs are is a speedy defensive RHD, PK centre with speed. So in other words anything we receive back has to be someone that isn't slow. Picks are always nice but I think if were trading Hronek we need an NHL ready player to jump into a top 4 role on right side.
Yeah that probably won't work. Sharks don't have anything worth all that much on the right side between Benning, Burroughs, and Rutta. Nico Sturm would be a solid PK center though I wouldn't classify him as speedy. He's not slow or anything but in a league like the NHL, his skating is probably at or slightly above average.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Musty
Lund
2025 2nd

Would that interest you at all in the Sharks org for Hronek and Mikheyev?
Musty would be tough to give up as a 1st round pick doing the sort of damage in juniors he's done since. That sounds like what it would take to get something done but probably something I'd pass on but it makes sense.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
The last 2 years that is exactly what happened. I like Hronek and didn't want Detroit to trade him. But it's clear why Yzerman did, he wants a lot more money then he is worth and isn't consistent throughout the year.
So that happened last yr and you were screaming at Canucks fans that it was bound to happen again this yr is your claim? Why? What would make you suggest this is going to happen again?

If it happened every yr of his career maybe we'd have to look at his workout plan but really what are you saying is the reason for this and how is it predictable?

interested what the price would look like for Caps. We need Carlson replacement in a 2 year window.

Is Jensen attracting piece for Canucks, or TvR as a balancing guy? 2nd + what else?

If its 1st +, propably the timing isnt right.
We gave up a high 1st in a great draft and a 2nd for him a yr ago and he's had a career yr. So ya it'd be similar value to that.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
So that happened last yr and you were screaming at Canucks fans that it was bound to happen again this yr is your claim? Why? What would make you suggest this is going to happen again?

If it happened every yr of his career maybe we'd have to look at his workout plan but really what are you saying is the reason for this and how is it predictable?

We gave up a high 1st in a great draft and a 2nd for him a yr ago and he's had a career yr. So ya it'd be similar value to that.
I don't know the reason quite frankly but in back to back years he's had shitty second halves. No we weren't screaming at Canucks fans the Canucks fans were yelling at us in the trade thread half the year every time he had a good game and they it just suddenly stopped. It was comical to say the least

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I don't know the reason quite frankly but in back to back years he's had shitty second halves. No we weren't screaming at Canucks fans the Canucks fans were yelling at us in the trade thread half the year every time he had a good game and they it just suddenly stopped. It was comical to say the least

Ok this is absoliute hog wash. You were "trying to tell Canucks fans" that he would fall off. Based simply off of it happening last season. No clue why it happened though. Which is kind of pretty relevant if you are going to make a prediction that it will happen again on a sample size of 1.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Haha
Reactions: Go Wings

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, what’s the best top six winger people would offer?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716427022011.png

Here is where he is using the last three seasons. He's 31st in the NHL for points and a plus player (2 of those years were with non playoff Detroit).

125 points in 223 games is a 45 point pace.

1716427189338.png

Here is the company he keeps for minutes played in the last 3 seasons (over 22 a game)

Reactions: Nopefully

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't think he's worth 8 million personally. I'd prefer he go a bit lower and be a very good 2 to a guy just like Hughes. Not get 8 million and be the top guy in a non playoff situation.

I like the Nuck's future and hope he stays but 8 million is a bit high IMO.

And comparing a 2024 contract to one signed in 2021 is silly. Lots has changed since then.. in 2021 Pasta was a 6 million dollar player. MacK was a 6 million dollar player. Drai is still an 8.5 million dollar.

If posters want to do that then I could give a crazy argument like he's better than Nurse and should make 10 million.lol Unless posters legit think Hughes would sign for under 8 million today?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
So what is your contention? That he always has a good first half of the yr and bad 2nd half?

He's undoubtedly a top 64 dman in the league. Which would make him top pair. The news in Vancouver is he has been playing through injury for the 2nd half of the season. Curious to hear how that relate to what you are suggestion but fire away.
Honestly being good for half the season (not always the start) was exactly how he was in Detroit. I always really liked Hronek and was sad when we moved him, but I wouldn't want him on my top pair if I'm looking to contend. He always has defensive lapses, but you can ignore them when he's scoring. Most years he goes 20+ games on a cold streak at some point. During those patches, it's pretty rough having him on the first pairing.

Throw him on the second pairing with someone super reliable. His rough patches are a lot less rough if he's not against top competition. With the cap going up, and how productive he is, he's arguably worth 8 mil AAV.

Vancity96

Apr 13, 2014
How would canes fans think of a Necas for Hronek swap?

Gives the Canucks a winger for Petey while it gives the Canes a D signed for longer than next year (obviously both players sign contracts with their respective clubs).

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
How would canes fans think of a Necas for Hronek swap?

Gives the Canucks a winger for Petey while it gives the Canes a D signed for longer than next year (obviously both players sign contracts with their respective clubs).
I was very intrigued by it until I saw he was wanting $8m.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Honestly being good for half the season (not always the start) was exactly how he was in Detroit. I always really liked Hronek and was sad when we moved him, but I wouldn't want him on my top pair if I'm looking to contend. He always has defensive lapses, but you can ignore them when he's scoring. Most years he goes 20+ games on a cold streak at some point. During those patches, it's pretty rough having him on the first pairing.

Throw him on the second pairing with someone super reliable. His rough patches are a lot less rough if he's not against top competition. With the cap going up, and how productive he is, he's arguably worth 8 mil AAV.
I'd agree with this. He's probably not the most ideal no. 2 but then again he's still only 26. Which for a dman your best yrs are still to come.

In Van I don't really remember any defensive lapses. Not that they dont happen but it never registered as a concern. The concern was more he wasn't as mobile and confident for half the season. The fact that it came out he was dealing with a shoulder injury kind of explains it all.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'd agree with this. He's probably not the most ideal no. 2 but then again he's still only 26. Which for a dman your best yrs are still to come.

In Van I don't really remember any defensive lapses. Not that they dont happen but it never registered as a concern. The concern was more he wasn't as mobile and confident for half the season. The fact that it came out he was dealing with a shoulder injury kind of explains it all.
Yeah, I honestly didn't watch him much with the Canucks. I still check in occasionally because I like the player, but I can't really comment on his play this year. Perhaps he was more defensively sound with Hughes on his line since Hronek knows that he's the less offensively gifted player on the line

I think confidence often plays a big role in his cold stretches. It feels like once he stops scoring, he stops shooting and then the rest of his game dries up accordingly.

Regardless, I hope for the best for Ronny. He plays with that fire I like and always made the game more exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad