• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Marner in toronto is basically kessel 2015 right now

His name is mud, he is viewed as a cancer and choker

Part of it is deserved and part exaggerated

I do wonder if he gets dealt if he can win a cup or two as a 3rd/4th best player role on a team and rebuild his legacy/brand

He will lose polls to lower tier players like FF for now

I think the Pens, Knights, Seattle or Preds could be good fits for him to slit in as a key buy not top 2 player

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

I do wonder if he gets dealt if he can win a cup or two as a 3rd/4th best player role on a team and rebuild his legacy/brand

I think the Pens, Knights, Seattle or Preds could be good fits for him to slit in as a key buy not top 2 player
Kessel was never viewed as a cancer or a choker by Leafs fans, it was "neutral fans" and idiots like Steve Simmons. Kessel was and still is one of the most loved Leafs. In our series vs Boston, despite being "soft" he f***ing came to play.

Stop this bullshit narrative that the fan base turned on Kessel for a lack of effort, it never happened. It was in the best interest of both sides to part ways. We weren't contenders, and he wasn't young enough to stick around for a rebuild, and he was also too good for us to be a basement team.

Stop the nonsense.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kessel was never viewed as a cancer or a choker by Leafs fans, it was "neutral fans" and idiots like Steve Simmons. Kessel was and still is one of the most loved Leafs. In our series vs Boston, despite being "soft" he f***ing came to play.

Stop this bullshit narrative that the fan base turned on Kessel for a lack of effort, it never happened. It was in the best interest of both sides to part ways. We weren't contenders, and he wasn't young enough to stick around for a rebuild, and he was also too good for us to be a basement team.

Stop the nonsense.

Here’s the actual thread if people are interested:

Reactions: AvroArrow
Mar 12, 2009
I wonder if this will look like the Stutzle vs Matthews thread in a year.

Marner will get run out of town and have success with another team, like a lot of our good players that the fans freak out about.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wonder if this will look like the Stutzle vs Matthews thread in a year.

The thread where a lot of people were deliberately stupid and somehow were not taking the 5 M$ in cap difference in consideration? Matthews was much better this season but last season Stutzle was and for cheap as he was still on his ELC lol

And who knows about the upcoming season? If Stutzle produces like he did at 20 y/o and Matthews doesn't score as many goals, maybe Stutzle and 5 M$ in cap space will be more valuable again?

That thread was a good example of how stupid internet can be.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Forsberg not close. Forsberg hits, goes to the dirty areas and will even drop the gloves for his teammates if needed.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I’m not the biggest Marner fan, and I know there’s playoff questions, but it’s not like Forsberg’s playoffs have been amazing either, and he’s been more inconsistent in the regular season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

To be honest, I'd love him on the Pens. I just don't see any conceivable way they could land him.

He'd fix a lot of the issues with the Pens, and while I know people will chirp about his playoff performance, at this point I don't care. The Pens aren't winning any more Cups. But they could still put up some nice numbers with his addition and watching Crosby and Malkin move up the all-time points rankings is basically the only thing I have to cheer for at this point.

Reactions: Duffy13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad