Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
As much as I love Chytil I'm not confident in his ability to stay healthy. Not a ton of options internally if he gets hurt. I see Carrick as purely a 4th line plug. Maybe Edström gets a look at 3C. His size and skating between Kakko and Cuylle could make for a good cycle/possession line. I thought Brodz did well last year, proved to me that he can handle this level. Had that nice little stretch where he had 6 points in 7 games... they brought in Wennberg who frankly I don't think shown to be much of an upgrade. The offense was limited, as expected. Poor on face-offs. The difference between Brodz vs Wennberg turned out to not be worth the cost.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about that this season. Chytil is the linchpin for that 3rd line.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
As much as I love Chytil I'm not confident in his ability to stay healthy. Not a ton of options internally if he gets hurt. I see Carrick as purely a 4th line plug. Maybe Edström gets a look at 3C. His size and skating between Kakko and Cuylle could make for a good cycle/possession line. I thought Brodz did well last year, proved to me that he can handle this level. Had that nice little stretch where he had 6 points in 7 games... they brought in Wennberg who frankly I don't think shown to be much of an upgrade. The offense was limited, as expected. Poor on face-offs. The difference between Brodz vs Wennberg turned out to not be worth the cost.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about that this season. Chytil is the linchpin for that 3rd line.
Why are we pencilling in cuylle on the 3rd?
His style works on the 4th really well

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Why are we pencilling in cuylle on the 3rd?
His style works on the 4th really well
I have no issue with Will on the 4th, I think long term it'd better off when/if Othmann/Berard can grab a spot. I think there's more offensive upside in those 2, I just wouldn't be surprised if they both start the year in Hartford. Other than them what's the alternative? Maybe Vesey ?

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
I love Chytil. Hope he can stay healthy and unlock Kakko... again. They have worked well together in the past. They were actually great in 22-23 with Laffy. Can Cuylle replace laffy as a left winger for them? probably not. Cuylle is good but he doesn't have the high end skill. Cuylle can't finish opportunities. He doesn't have an NHL shot. I like his work ethic and he is good around the boards physically and is a pretty good skater. he was one of the best hitters in the league and he was a rookie. Can he PK?

With Chytil lugging the puck up the ice and with Kakko doing his thing with the puck in the corner, I can see a left winger that can work with these guys and get open and finish opportunites. I would like someone that can read the play and that has an shot. Bennan Othmann? new kid line?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I love Chytil. Hope he can stay healthy and unlock Kakko... again. They have worked well together in the past. They were actually great in 22-23 with Laffy. Can Cuylle replace laffy as a left winger for them? probably not. Cuylle is good but he doesn't have the high end skill. Cuylle can't finish opportunities. He doesn't have an NHL shot. I like his work ethic and he is good around the boards physically and is a pretty good skater. he was one of the best hitters in the league and he was a rookie. Can he PK?

With Chytil lugging the puck up the ice and with Kakko doing his thing with the puck in the corner, I can see a left winger that can work with these guys and get open and finish opportunites. I would like someone that can read the play and that has an shot. Bennan Othmann? new kid line?
It would be nice if Filua Chytilvailoa could stay healthy but he's never done it in his career and this last season was completely lost on something that seemed like not a huge deal at first. Maybe he can do what Zib and Crosby by did but I wouldn't rely on him

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Chytil definitely has ~65 point potential, and even getting third line minutes, if Laviolette roles the top nine fairly evenly at ES I’m comfortable saying that… the problem is you couldn’t persuade me to put a cent on him playing more than 50 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad