Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
What do you mean last change?

But yeah this guys is the balls. Laf had 13 min last night. Was he benched? Hell no. Load management baby
Laf had 13 minutes because of how many penalties there were.

Last change is the home team gets to see who the away team is putting on the ice, before having to put their players on.

It allows you to create mismatches on the faceoff immediately.
If a team sees rempe out there, they could put their top line out against him and create a huge mismatch.

Its not a major thing but it is one of the bigger parts to home ice advantage.

Reactions: Zynbanejad

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Last change is the home team gets to see who the away team is putting on the ice, before having to put their players on.

If a team sees rempe out there, they could put their top line out against him and create a huge mismatch.

How are they doing that when Rempe had 4 defensive zone starts and 20 faceoffs in 23 games?

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
How are they doing that when Rempe had 4 defensive zone starts and 20 faceoffs in 23 games?
putting your top line against Rempe in the neutral zone, and you’d get the mismatch pretty quickly.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
person 1: the coach is, to a point, infallible
others: Chytil should play over Rempe if he's ready
person 2: they haven't lost with Rempe, he needs to stay in!
Lavi: plays chytil
Rangers: win
persons 1/2: SEE!!??

• Haha
Reactions: frozenrubber

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015

Very good point

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
person 1: the coach is, to a point, infallible
others: Chytil should play over Rempe if he's ready
person 2: they haven't lost with Rempe, he needs to stay in!
Lavi: plays chytil
Rangers: win
persons 1/2: SEE!!??

I don't think anyone said this which is why @haohmaru and I were insanely frustrated. Both of us repeatedly said over and over that whatever Laviolette did was fine with us.

I think this just confirms that people weren't bothering to read.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I don't think anyone said this which is why @haohmaru and I were insanely frustrated. Both of us repeatedly said over and over that whatever Laviolette did was fine with us.

I think this just confirms that people weren't bothering to read.
you're being obtuse here, my guy. the assumption being made was that rempe would continue to play because the team had not lost with him in the lineup, and thus the idea that chytil should play would have been counter to the assumed coaching decision. Posters who saw Rempes usage decrease and advocated for a lineup change despite 6-0 were vindicated.

the argument you're making is that if a hfnyr poster, with the paucity of information they have, says that chytil should play over rempe, it's not an idea worth considering. but if lavi, with his laurels and wisdom and access to information, makes the same decision, the idea is sound and defensible.

you're saying that no fan has the ability to advocate for a decision counter to what the coach believes is best. That type of appeal to authority is certainly your prerogative, and i understand it given the success we're having - i do wonder if that position is anathema to the purpose of a message board..

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
you're being obtuse here, my guy. the assumption being made was that rempe would continue to play because the team had not lost with him in the lineup, and thus the idea that chytil should play would have been counter to the assumed coaching decision. Posters who saw Rempes usage decrease and advocated for a lineup change despite 6-0 were vindicated.

the argument you're making is that if a hfnyr poster, with the paucity of information they have, says that chytil should play over rempe, it's not an idea worth considering. but if lavi, with his laurels and wisdom and access to information, makes the same decision, the idea is sound and defensible.

you're saying that no fan has the ability to advocate for a decision counter to what the coach believes is best. That type of appeal to authority is certainly your prerogative, and i understand it given the success we're having - i do wonder if that position is anathema to the purpose of a message board..

This is a lot of text to show that you didn't read anything that was written.

It's like we're back to square one again. Have fun arguing something no one has ever said.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
This is a lot of text to show that you didn't read anything that was written.

It's like we're back to square one again. Have fun arguing something no one has ever said.
HG - i completely grok your position: "whatever lavi does is fine."

what others were discussing was what he *should* do or not do.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
HG - i completely grok your position: "whatever lavi does is fine."

what others were discussing was what he *should* do or not do.

And what he ended up doing worked precisely. Rempe games 1 & 2. Limited Chytil (he looked pretty tentative out there in periods 1-2) in game 3.

I guarantee that if we play Florida in round 3, we'll see Rempe again.

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
That's how getting sick works. That's also not what happened. Felt fine after game. Woke up the next day. Felt fine and practiced. Woke up the day after that. Felt sick.
Look, I'm not going to argue but if you don't see how extremely coincidental these two things are I don't know what to tell you. Would love to be wrong.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
And what he ended up doing worked precisely. Rempe games 1 & 2. Limited Chytil (he looked pretty tentative out there in periods 1-2) in game 3.

I guarantee that if we play Florida in round 3, we'll see Rempe again.
no disagreement that what he did worked!

the point i'm making is that

"i trust lavi's decision making so whatever he decides i'm cool with"

is an irreconcilable position in a discussion of what *should* happen. it's entirely defensible, and it's a view i personalky share! he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

it just doesn't fit in a discussion where opinions are being shared about what the course forward should be. it literally doesn't make sense to apply it to that discussion.

(braces for flame and accusations of whining)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad