Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
One thing to keep in mind - while we know what Chytil brings, this coaching staff has only seen ~10 games of him.

They may see it as big gamble to throw him into a spot in the lineup not knowing who he has chemistry with, or even what his in-game play looks like after a ~75 game lay off. I reckon they don’t change the lineup until there’s either an injury or a loss.

Sure they have tape, but there’s a level of comfort seeing a player in person and reinforcing that through relying on him in certain situations over the course of a regular season.
I’m certain they know him better than we do as fans. Remember, he started the season on the second line and looked great. There’s zero chance that was an accident when Trocheck was there the whole time.

Now, Tro obviously needs to stay where he is and has earned that spot ten times over. But Chytil will definitely be given a proper opportunity if he’s deemed healthy on either the first or third line.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
One thing to keep in mind - while we know what Chytil brings, this coaching staff has only seen ~10 games of him.

They may see it as big gamble to throw him into a spot in the lineup not knowing who he has chemistry with, or even what his in-game play looks like after a ~75 game lay off. I reckon they don’t change the lineup until there’s either an injury or a loss.

Sure they have tape, but there’s a level of comfort seeing a player in person and reinforcing that through relying on him in certain situations over the course of a regular season.

They have at least a week right now to test things out in practice.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
They have at least a week right now to test things out in practice.
Practice at this point in the season is really just maintenance. Not nearly the same as playing in a game.

Case in point: Jensen’s (who had been out injured) turn over to Kakko in the middle of the ice on his first shift of game 4.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
No sure how you can mess with a lineup that's won its first four playoff games. I mean, I think Chytil vs. Carolina is the better option no doubt but I think Rempe has earned a spot. Nice to have a talented backup option in Chytil if someone gets hurt (and they will) for sure. If the Rangers lose game 1 we see Chytil at the expense of Rempe in game 2, IMHO.

Reactions: egelband and Crease

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
No sure how you can mess with a lineup that's won its first four playoff games. I mean, I think Chytil vs. Carolina is the better option no doubt but I think Rempe has earned a spot. Nice to have a talented backup option in Chytil if someone gets hurt (and they will) for sure. If the Rangers lose game 1 we see Chytil at the expense of Rempe in game 2, IMHO.
It’s a different opponent. You should use the lineup needed to beat that team not the previous, weaker, team.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
It’s a different opponent. You should use the lineup needed to beat that team not the previous, weaker, team.

Not a great message to send to a team that won four in a row and is something like a ridiculous 17-2 with him in the lineup. Not sure how that goes over in the room or with the player for a guy that hasn't played a competitive hockey game since early November.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Chytil is by all accounts a popular player. So is Rempe. We seem to have a pretty tight group with a lot of veteran leadership. Hard for me to believe the bonds are so fragile that swapping Rempe for Chytil would cause any fractures. These guys are pros who all want desperately to win a Cup. They want whatever gives them the best chance of that.

I have a lot of faith that this coaching staff will make the right move. If it's Chytil, great, if it's Rempe, great. I have zero concern over how the players would receive it either way.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I like Rempe but he's a 21 year old rookie with several flaws in his game. He's a defensive liability who isn't trusted by the coaching staff to play more than five or six minutes, He is also is in danger of getting a major penalty every time that we put him out there. Against heavy teams he makes sense. Against a team like the Canes he doesn't. 5 on 5 offense is one of the biggest weakness that we have. Chytil has a much better chance of improving that than Rempe.

Reactions: mas0764 and IDvsEGO

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not a great message to send to a team that won four in a row and is something like a ridiculous 17-2 with him in the lineup. Not sure how that goes over in the room or with the player for a guy that hasn't played a competitive hockey game since early November.

They're not children. They'll get over it.

Reactions: mas0764

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011

You're not in the room. Rempe completely changes the complexity of the entire lineup. They can play bigger knowing he's there.

Do we think Artemi Panarin absolutely truck sticks TJ Oshie knowing Wilson is gonna dummy him right after? Not a chance in hell.

Deterrence is very effective in hockey and in life..

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
They're not children. They'll get over it.

I think they'll be excited that they're getting reinforcements. With all due respect to Rempe, Chytil is a better, more skilled, more experienced player, and if he can go, then he needs to dress vs the team with the best Vegas odds to win the Cup. There's room for Rempe in the future, he's only 21 years old. But we're not playing a 4th line rookie over a middle-6 veteran.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
You're not in the room. Rempe completely changes the complexity of the entire lineup. They can play bigger knowing he's there.

Do we think Artemi Panarin absolutely truck sticks TJ Oshie knowing Wilson is gonna dummy him right after? Not a chance in hell.

So the exact same argument they’ve made about Ryan Reaves

Reactions: Vaheh and mas0764

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Wilson dummied Fox and Rempe didn't do anything.

I like having Rempe in the lineup for the most part but the deterrence argument is dumb, like always.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad