Fiala out for remainder of Playoffs _Broken Femur

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Hope he heals well. Was scary to see.

With that said, this is slightly better than it being MCL/ACL/other ligament damage, right?

Your femur is a load bearing bone.

Meaning he isn't going to be putting his full weight on it for quite some time. He will probably be in traction for a while especially if he required surgery and how badly its fractured.

Its very possible you won't see him until late next season if at all.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Staal into the boards and now Fiala. Kinda makes ya think

That hockey is an inherently dangerous sport? Well yes, these guys are flying around on slippery ice with sharpened blades attached to their feet trying to hit each other, it is a dangerous sport.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I know I know google is hard so......

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=KEVIN+FIALA+-+DISTURBING+LEG+INJURY

agree or disagree - its ok. just post a reason or your thoughts - in your case beating puppies is not a strong argument
Guess you didn't even watch the video.

Bortuzzo takes a drink of water. Looks up and grimaces. You can't even tell if that's a "smile". You've never seen a player do that?

Clean play, unfortunate result. This is hockey. It happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
There are different types of fractures but they are all classified as "bone breaks".

Thanks, I guess I knew that but I just see it being reported differently and earlier in the thread there was speculation about his artery.

Is there a specific "grade" to his injury?

EdwardSharpe

Apr 26, 2017
Your femur is a load bearing bone.

Meaning he isn't going to be putting his full weight on it for quite some time. He will probably be in traction for a while especially if he required surgery and how badly its fractured.

Its very possible you won't see him until late next season if at all.

It's better if the break isn't close to the knee or hip and recovery time before the bone is healed is about 3 months. If it's a clean break they can put a nail in your femur and you can start putting weight on your leg immediately and walk with help from crutches because the nail holds everything in place. If everything goes well it's just a matter of putting muscle back in your leg after the leg is fully healed.

Last edited:

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
I am still shaking my head at what an idiot numskull Bortuzzo is. No need to follow through on that type of play.

It's not the play itself that bothers me the most. It is the after the fact pushing down on Fiala. I know that did not have any role in the injury, but I have never been a fan of the way some guys like to push down and punch other guys while they are flat on the ice. I would love to see that removed from the game completely instead of fighting.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Kids just don't know what it is to play old-time playoff hockey. Fiala should just get that leg taped up and get out there. Very selfish.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
#jokeandsarcasmdetectorbroken
giphy.gif

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Thanks for those posting the updates on his condition. That sounds very encouraging. It was an ugly thing to watch, and scary. His injury changed the whole complexion of the game. For such a young guy, one really hopes it doesn't change his career trajectory, but hopefully he'll have time to get his strength back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00