FHM 11

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I can't turn off injuries.

Setup/Options, and then I try to select injuries frequency adjustment and it won't let me.

Anyone know why? Or am I missing a step here.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Any chance you're on Mac? Are you in any particular game mode, like Challenge?

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working otherwise. It's working for me.

I'm on a MacBook, and how would I find out if I'm on challenge mode? When I created my file, I clicked on "New Standard Game"

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I'm on a MacBook, and how would I find out if I'm on challenge mode? When I created my file, I clicked on "New Standard Game"

So Challenge Mode is an option at the beginning when you set up your game. If you turned it on, you can't turn on Commissioner Mode (unless you exit it). This could be stopping you from changing Injury levels.

There's also a known (but we've yet to be able to find out why) visualization glitch on Mac that affects the Points screen at the end of year, and my only thought is if it was somehow affecting the Injury one too...but that seems unlikely because we've never had that reported before. So I'm assuming it's the former not the latter.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
So Challenge Mode is an option at the beginning when you set up your game. If you turned it on, you can't turn on Commissioner Mode (unless you exit it). This could be stopping you from changing Injury levels.

There's also a known (but we've yet to be able to find out why) visualization glitch on Mac that affects the Points screen at the end of year, and my only thought is if it was somehow affecting the Injury one too...but that seems unlikely because we've never had that reported before. So I'm assuming it's the former not the latter.

Really weird, because I checked I am in commissioner mode at the moment. I do remember a pop up coming on in the beginning.

I just created a new file, the exact same way and now I can turn off injuries. Thank you, for your replies.

Love FHM 8, but I feel like injuries happen far too often, and it takes way too long for players to come back 100%. My coach refused to put my top line winger back on the top line, because he wasn't at 100%. Just seemed like someone was always getting either in a game or during practice.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Really weird, because I checked I am in commissioner mode at the moment. I do remember a pop up coming on in the beginning.

I just created a new file, the exact same way and now I can turn off injuries. Thank you, for your replies.

Love FHM 8, but I feel like injuries happen far too often, and it takes way too long for players to come back 100%. My coach refused to put my top line winger back on the top line, because he wasn't at 100%. Just seemed like someone was always getting either in a game or during practice.

There's some who feel that way, yet there's a lot of factors that go into it. How much a player is playing, fatigue, personal injury history and your teams tactics all effect players and them getting injured. The truth is; we're very much on par (or even a little light) of the real NHL. Sometimes we as fans just kind of forget how many times players get injured throughout a year. Some guys play through things, but others are out for the exact same reason. Here's a helpful tracker from CBS I often look at: NHL Injury Report - Hockey Player Injuries

Reactions: Russian_fanatic

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Records are broken as they are collecting non NHL stats. Gretzky's Goals/Assists/Points are higher since they are grabbing his WHA totals. Cameron Mann doesn't have 27 NHL playoff goals. He had 27 OHL goals that year.

upload_2022-2-12_13-48-35.png

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Records are broken as they are collecting non NHL stats. Gretzky's Goals/Assists/Points are higher since they are grabbing his WHA totals. Cameron Mann doesn't have 27 NHL playoff goals. He had 27 OHL goals that year.

View attachment 506651

Hm, well we were already making some changes in that area for our upcoming update, but I don't think anyone has pointed that out yet. We'll take a look! Thanks for letting us know.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
The only reason I noticed was Debrincat had 21 playoff goals in my Stanley Cup run and expected him to top the leaderboard since the record was 19.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Our latest update came out this morning. Many fixes as well as new features have been added - including the ability now to control line changes during the game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Our latest update came out this morning. Many fixes as well as new features have been added - including the ability now to control line changes during the game.

Are there any improvements on PP tactics? Or who AI teams use on the PP?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Is it possible to start a new game on the current date of the season or no? I guess once theres a post TDL update? Or do I just have to sim

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Is it possible to start a new game on the current date of the season or no? I guess once theres a post TDL update? Or do I just have to sim
No, you'll just have to move ahead. We've done it in the past, but it takes quite a bit of database manipulation at this point (and should only go until the end of the year).

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I don’t have an issue with the injury frequency of the game — it seems about right. The part that frustrates me a bit sometimes is that, whenever one of my players appears to be running away with the scoring title, he miraculously picks up a 2-3 month injury. Generally he’s ahead by enough to keep the Art Ross and/or Richard, and this isn’t by any means a dealbreaker for me, but I was wondering if there’s some sort of parity system in place that creates that.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
I don’t have an issue with the injury frequency of the game — it seems about right. The part that frustrates me a bit sometimes is that, whenever one of my players appears to be running away with the scoring title, he miraculously picks up a 2-3 month injury. Generally he’s ahead by enough to keep the Art Ross and/or Richard, and this isn’t by any means a dealbreaker for me, but I was wondering if there’s some sort of parity system in place that creates that.
I joke a lot about this with Jeff that he always programs the Canucks to beat you no matter what, but no, unfortunately you're probably just hitting a bit of bad luck. The only thing I would suggest is watching the players Stamina and maybe consider dipping their ice time. Just curious though; are they proned to getting hurt? Could also make a difference.

Reactions: CasusBelli

jbreiner

Mar 24, 2006
Is there a way to turn off the new financials if we want a game that does not have them turned on?

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Jeff, I'm a big fan of the game and purchase it every year, but there's a couple of things which really frustrate me.

The goalie stats on the pre-game screen were replaced with cards. They used to be really useful, please can they be put back in?

Also, the game is still feels too vague around tactics. There's not enough insight or feedback provided to help you make necessary changes and there's too much guesswork.

Finally, CPU will pick in-form backup goalies ahead of their starter too frequently imo.

Just some constructive feedback and I appreciate the updates and how you engage with community. Really looking forward to the next edition.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
How do you handle an overly talented roster? I don’t think there’s a right answer here but am just curious to hear about your approaches. For example, I tend to trade stars by age 29 in order to get 2-3 first rounders in exchange, and then if I need to trim down my roster further, I eliminate the new guys who are either excessively injury prone or are likely to struggle with adversity or criticism.

In a historical mode I’m currently playing, all my assistant coaches are Excellent, and I leave my players in junior at least an extra year after drafting them, so that they are at least one full star before joining training camp the next season. Then, if after training camp they have not improved to at least 1.5 stars, I send them down. If their projected max dips below three stars, I trade them. I realize it’s fairly mechanical, but I’ve won 18/20 possible cups this way after starting with a fantasy draft in 1926 as NYR.

I’ll admit it’s quite satisfying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad