Feelings wheel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

infinitebook

Jan 13, 2024
how are you feeling about the offseason and the canucks
feelings+wheel.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: God

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm bipolar forwards and goaltending awesome. Defense making me crazy too many pylons added at bottom 1 more RHD to partner with Soucy and push Meyers down to 3rd would make me good though. Hell even great if we pulled that off.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Stoked. Roster isnt set yet but getting stronger and tougher was the goal and it was accomplished. Time to ditch the soft label and get back to hard nosed gritty hockey

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Hmm conflicted. Happy with the forward signings but as things stand I don't care for the defense at all. Not a huge Hronek fan (was secretly hoping he'd be traded), Soucy and Myers are an ok third pairing but currently our second pairing and our bottom pairing is two coke machines who get eaten alive by fast teams.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So far this has been a very well planned offseason. This management team has shown their abilities for over a full season, and a large majority of the transactions they have made have panned out, and when they didnt work out they did not double down they delt with them as best they could. They have the right guys in development who have seen things in players who have brought what the team needed this past season in different ways

1) Perhaps the most difficult decision will be letting Zadorov go. Ive gone back and forth on this and what he eventually got in Boston doesnt seem like too much, but i kept getting so frustrated with Zadorov in the Edmonton series that I feel in the end this was the right decision to let him go. Now he may prove wrong and bring more consistency to his game in Boston, but if our coaching staff couldnt get it out of him Im not sure itll happen. This is a gamble, but i feel we dodged a bullet here

2) Letting Lindholm walk for the price he fetched is a no brainer. I liked his defensive game in the playoffs and he found ways to get goals in the playoffs that we needed but i felt he was on fumes. I understand aquiring him for the late 1st but keeping him was not a luxury we could afford

3) Debrusk. Love this deal, and reading between the lines of the Boston fans about him i think this is gonna be a home run for us. His issue is consistency, lets see what a new environment and Tocchets coaching staff can do for his game

4) Myers. Played his best of 6 seasons with us last year, especially in the playoffs. His chaotic giraffe like errors were WAY down. If he keeps playing like that then this again could be a steal. He truly played like a good quality mid pair dman last year, as suprising as that is considering the giraffe like chaos he brought at the start of his ridiculous 6 year contract

5) Deyharnais. I didnt notice him all that much in the Edmonton series but if its true he has leaps and bounds improved his game and Foote sees something more in him then great, lets get him going

6) Heinen and Sherwood. I think everyones pretty happy with these two and seems like good deals

7) Forbort was a jerky player against us when he was a Jet tho the rumour is that hes a shadow of himself now. So if he can bring back his mean game then thats great of course. If not, its just a one year deal so maybe worth a gamble there

Reactions: Jack Burton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad