GDT: Feb 26, 7PM | Hurricanes @ Capitals

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Honestly, it looks like they're thinking "We're injured, so we're probably going to lose this game anyway. No point in trying."

But really, part of the problem is that we had to change our system from a 3 man forecheck with defensemen pinching to a 2 man forecheck, 3 people back at all times, and no pinching unless you have two high forewards (read: no opportunity).

Remember that: Murphy looks good*, but he is doing so playing in a defensive system.

How will he look when he's playing 20 minutes in our wide open system?

mgilmartin

Dec 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Honestly, it looks like they're thinking "We're injured, so we're probably going to lose this game anyway. No point in trying."

But really, part of the problem is that we had to change our system from a 3 man forecheck with defensemen pinching to a 2 man forecheck, 3 people back at all times, and no pinching unless you have two high forewards (read: no opportunity).

Remember that: Murphy looks good*, but he is doing so playing in a defensive system.

How will he look when he's playing 20 minutes in our wide open system?

Have we really changed our system due to the injuries? I guess I'm not hockey savvy enough to notice that. I do see that we're less aggressive than we were before the injuries, but I suppose that didn't translate to a different system for me.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
I feel bad if we don't win this because Semin is working hard out there it's just not happening. Even though the complaints are that he is lazy or whatever he's clearly not being lazy out there but I don't think people will recognize since it's not on the scoreboard. I really hope we come back and win. Start the third period we need Westgarth to fight after the powerplay especially if we don't get a score on it. Then we need to have some intensity and urgency. WE NEED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
Have we really changed our system due to the injuries? I guess I'm not hockey savvy enough to notice that. I do see that we're less aggressive than we were before the injuries, but I suppose that didn't translate to a different system for me.

We went from 3 guys deep, and defensemen pinching if a forward would cover OR it was there was a good chance that they could extend the play (which is where Sangs got a lot of his subjective minuses) to a 2 man deep.

And really, when you're defense consists of 3 minor leaguers, a bottom pairing defenseman, a boarderline top 4 who can't breakout the play to save his life and a 20 year old. it's hard to begrudge such a decision.

But I find a way. :)

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Props to Tripp for trying. He was being Tripp, but being very welcoming to Semin.

I think that will warm him up to interviews a little bit more.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Is DeBo Drayson Bowman??

Deebo.jpg

Debo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad