Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Thought I'd get this started.

Some notes from practice today:

Jonas Siegal
@jonasTSN1050

Carlyle also says that Reimer is getting very close. Frattin has not yet been cleared for contact, but is getting closer himself.

James Reimer has held court in his own net at Leafs practice in Philly today. Jussi Rynnas still around as back-up to Ben Scrivens.

David Alter
@DavidAlter590
James Reimer is close to returning, Carlyle says there is "always a chance" it could be tomorrow

Emphasis on faceoffs for part of practice.
BD5GhyHCIAAEqH0.jpg:large

Matt Frattin and James Reimer are both taking part in practice here in Philly... Reimer looking like he is closer to making a return.

Paul Hendrick
@HennyTweets
Leafs skating at penn university in philly. Matt frattin is out there as well. #tmltalk

James reimer taking full practise in one net while ben scrivens and jussi rynnas share the other. James looks close to returning, #tmltalk

Asked about Gardiner.*
still a marlie but certainly ready. #tmltalk. #gardiner

oG sfaeL oG

Asif16*

Imma be a realist and say that we lose. Hopefully im wrong. I also expect it to be a chippy game. Might see a staged fight like brown vs rinaldo. Hartnell is back, so look for him and phaneuf to get something going maybe. Simmonds, Schenn brothers, grossman, talbot all play a physical, grind, mean game. So i expect this game to be physical

mstew

Mar 2, 2011
Canada
Big game. The Ottawa loss could be a turning point of the season if we don't bounce back. If we lose this all our momentum from the good start will be lost

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Imma be a realist and say that we lose. Hopefully im wrong. I also expect it to be a chippy game. Might see a staged fight like brown vs rinaldo. Hartnell is back, so look for him and phaneuf to get something going maybe. Simmonds, Schenn brothers, grossman, talbot all play a physical, grind, mean game. So i expect this game to be physical

We made Philly look like an OHL team that last time we played. I hope we apply the same pressure, speed and bring the physical game that we are known for this year. I think we'll be fine if Scrivens shows up.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
We need to play with drive and intensity the full 60 minutes. I haven't seen that much this year.

I really hope colton orr plays tomorrow, but I don't want to rush him.

I also hope reimer doesn't start tomorrow. We shouldn't puthim in as soonas he's cleared, and scrivens has gained valuable playing time. If he's on his game,we should be fine. And scratch gunnar, he could use more recovery time. Komi needs to get a game.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
We need to play with drive and intensity the full 60 minutes. I haven't seen that much this year.

I really hope colton orr plays tomorrow, but I don't want to rush him.

I also hope reimer doesn't start tomorrow. We shouldn't puthim in as soonas he's cleared, and scrivens has gained valuable playing time. If he's on his game,we should be fine. And scratch gunnar, he could use more recovery time. Komi needs to get a game.

Scrivens wasn't sharp at all yesterday. He and Carlyle cost us the game.

We really need to win this game, it's very important to the team to keep Philly underneath us, and to get some confidence after a heartbreaking loss like that. I felt like punching my tv yesterday being scored on with 20 seconds left. Now I know how Buffalo fans felt losing with 1 second left in overtime a couple weeks ago.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
let Scrivens respond

losing is okay as long as you get back on the win streak
like we've seen before in the past few weeks

keep it up, never give up boys

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Yeah I'm nervous for this, a healthy Philly line-up makes it really difficult for us, we've had bad luck with them in recent years (0-3-1 last year), and one of the first games when last year's collapse started was the 4-3 loss to Philly in regulation time.

After Saturday's game, the boys need a bounceback win. That was a tough one and can really deflate the team.

Hopefully we can get something going, East is too tight.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
NEED this game or we'll fall way behind on Ottawa / New Jersey. Find a way to win. Ugly win or a blowout, doesn't matter we NEED the W.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Please win. Need to flush out the negativity from the last game. Teams are already catching up with only 4-5 points behind.

NazemKadri43

Sep 1, 2010
toronto
if we are going to make the playoffs we cant afford to go on big losing streaks, that plagued us the last couple of seasons

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I hope the guys aren't gripping their sticks too tightly for this game. Need to come in focused but relaxed at the same time. The team broke down last year big time, like a dog that was about to be let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad