Favorite playoff OT goals

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

Seems fairly inconsequential but it made the Preds go up 3-0 in a series where they were overwhelmingly not favored to win and set the tone for what would be a run to the finals that no one predicted.

Jackets beating the Bolts 2 years later kind of overshadows just how unreal this upset was to watch and the whole cup run to follow felt the same.

I believe the Preds were down 2-0 in this game too.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That Habs-Kings game was the first full NHL game I ever saw.

I was watching with a friend and his older brother who were both Kings fans. They were not happy haha.
What classic for your first NHL game.

It is the 10 year anniversary of that goal today!

Was that the series where
Krieder had already taken out Price .....and StLouis scored on a no name back up?
Then Rags went on to get smoked by the kings.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Krieder had already taken out Price .....and StLouis scored on a no name back up?
Then Rags went on to get smoked by the kings.

The funny thing is the Habs would have gotten smoked by the Kings if they won and Price was healthy. Besides the Rangers were a better team and had a goalie that was Price's equal. The idea that the Habs were guarenteed winning that series much less a cup if Price didn't get hurt is preposterous.

That said Price going down did take my enjoyment away from winning that series.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Emelin had already taken out Price .....and StLouis scored on a no name back up?
Then Rags went on to lose three OT games against the kings.
Ftfy

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
il_fullxfull.4685979530_ndl0.jpgil_fullxfull.4685979530_ndl0.jpg

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
The funny thing is the Habs would have gotten smoked by the Kings if they won and Price was healthy. Besides the Rangers were a better team and had a goalie that was Price's equal. The idea that the Habs were guarenteed winning that series much less a cup if Price didn't get hurt is preposterous.

I agree with everything you’re saying except that Price was not Lundqvist’s equal. Henrik was better.

Always liked this one as a neutral.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Agreed
Kings were far better than either team.
Still was happy to see king Henry and the Rangers go out quickly.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Agreed
Kings were far better than either team.
Still was happy to see king Henry and the Rangers go out quickly.
Wasn’t easy seeing Gaborik on a scoring roll throughout those 2014 playoffs and ultimately, the Cup Finals. (He had game tying goals against the Rangers in Games 2 and 5 that sent them to OT) Game 2 hurt since that put them down 2 games to none in the series. We all know what happened on Game 5.

Had a little bit of envy there. But then again, Rangers don’t trade Gaborik, they never get Big Game Brass. So, I guess it evens out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I agree with everything you’re saying except that Price was not Lundqvist’s equal. Henrik was better.

Always liked this one as a neutral.

That Slay the Dragon goal 🔥
Also enjoyed the one where Martinez(?) scored on King Hank, and I think Hank's reaction was what made it memorable (elation in one end, absolute sadness in the other)

One of the first marathon games I've stayed up for, Sedin to Sedin magic

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also enjoyed the one where Martinez(?) scored on King Hank, and I think Hank's reaction was what made it memorable (elation in one end, absolute sadness in the other)

Didn't the Canucks almost get reverse swept too?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Brian Skrudland in game 2 of the 1986 Finals scored the fastest playoff OT goal in history when he scored it in 9 seconds from the faceoff

Reactions: Devonator

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York

You serious quoting me with the Martinez goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad