Faulk-Broberg Pairing Playing Better Than Parayko-Leddy

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Stylistically, I see more Hampus Lindholm in his game than Heiskanen, which would be great if he reached that level because I've wanted Lindholm for awhile now. Heiskanen is a bit too lofty of a comp for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Stylistically, I see more Hampus Lindholm in his game than Heiskanen, which would be great if he reached that level because I've wanted Lindholm for awhile now. Heiskanen is a bit too lofty of a comp for me.
You said it yourself though; it's a stylistically comparison rather than a production comparison.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
I like the Heiskanen comparison. The skating is similar and willingness to jump into the rush.

I’m not sure if he will gel with Parayko or not, but it seems like they should. I would stress to Parayko to concentrate on the D side since he’s not really offensive anyway.
Brobert and Parayko played 1 preseason game together, and it was reminiscent of having JBo again. That being said, as good as Parayko is defensively, I don't like the idea of players concentrating solely on defense - because ironically that's the worse defense there is. Playing not to lose is a recipe for a loss, and that's lesson I've learned both watching and playing hockey. You want your best defensemen competing against the other team's best forwards at BOTH ends of the ice. The best defense is a good offense with strong puck possession in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Spektre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad