GDT: Fantasy Hockey 2024-25 Season All Leagues Info!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What time would you prefer to start the draft?

• 1Pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5pm

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Ok, I'm your mod for League A again this year. League B should still be same as well pending last seasons results. Didn't have league C last season due to less interest from etc. Will add back in if there is renewed interest after our Championship winning season!

All Leagues will again have the exact same stat scoring categories and such and if anything is to be changed it will need to be voted on in this thread and if the majority agree it will be changed in all Leagues. The scoring categories are below. There are 11 categories which I think is plenty. We will be using the same format as last season unless we vote to change something.

Skater categories:
Goals * Assists * PP Points * +/- * SHP * PIM * FO wins * Hits

Goalie categories:
Wins * GAA * Save% * SO

Draft date has been setup for Sunday October 6th with a 3pm tentative start time. I will leave it up to you guys to vote for early afternoon(1pm-4pm), mid day(3pm-6pm) or evening draft(5pm-8pm)?

The top 8 teams from each league last year will be given 2wks to signup once yahoo leagues are up and if they don't they will forfeit their spot to someone else. After the 10 League A teams have been confirmed, we will then focus on League B, and after that League C. If we get enough people we can see about adding a League D this year. If your name is in the top 10, check your mailbox as invites will be sent to signup as soon as yahoo leagues are up. If you do get a league invite and/or automatic renewal, please still confirm in this thread you will be playing or you may lose your spot!

Also, to make it easier for everyone and to keep track of who's who for future League play signups your hfboards name must be a part of your name(example: Beezer's Panthers).

Bottom 2 from League A to Join League B this season
Top 2 from League B to Join League A this season

Bottom 2 from League B to Join League C this season
Top 2 from League C to Join League B this season

These are not official yet until I see last seasons standings for each league! Can someone from Leagues B & C get me a snapshot showing the final standings/results please.

Draft Date/Time: TBD at either 1pm, 3pm or 5pm Eastern Time!

Current list of entries:

Blue means you are confirmed and have already joined your League:

Bolded means you have checked in & will be playing this season but still need to join your League:

Red means you need to check in and join your League:

League A Signups: Draft:
1-CHGoalie27(2022-23 Champion!)
2-Beezer (Commish)
3-Project Panthers
4-Ciccarrelli22eh
5-JP Mick
6-skippy
7-Laus723 Enforcers

8-I Am Not Exposed
Panteras(League B Champion)(Moving up to League A this season)
CoolioFunk(League B Runner-Up)(Moving up to League A this season)

League B Signups: Draft:
9-Dr. Beinfest(Moving down to League B this season)
10-Panthers Rock(Moving down to League B this season)
4-Boothinator Chillers (Commish)

5-Gizmo Forsling
6-Benched
7-Big Bjugs
8-Pukboys
9-Mogo's Mob

Cats711

10-AwesomePanthers(Not competing this season)
3-Iam76 (retiring for upcoming season)

Reserves or League C Signups:
FlaPanthers18
Pumaconcolorcoryi
Thunderheart Team 3

Cowboy 82nd Voodo
Juggernaut27's 27's
PantherboyHTR Ver1.0
Canadianpantherfan
Johano90
Crousemissile
Flying Chalupa
Swede93
Blad Meaning Gud
Panthersfan94
Bure1096
kittysgotclaws
Panthers Are Red

Team Aksu
FlaPnthrsPunk
FlaPanthers11
Catsfan
LobsterMobster
Shockley's Sharks
Holy Jokinen
Tim Murray???
Kulikov's Kings???
Aaron Ekbald???
HockeyRulez
Vendetta
Haj
Senor sparkman
Peterbiz09

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Placeholder.

Please comment below to confirm you will be playing this season or if you would like to join us this season.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I vote we do a complete overhaul of these leagues and their scoring and formatting. We stick with week-to-week matchups but we switch from a category based system to a point scoring system. PIMs need to be eliminated, plain and simple. Faceoff wins are also meaningless in fantasy hockey. Here is the format I use for multiple leagues that works incredibly well:

Players:

G - 3
A - 1.5
+/- - 0.5 either way
PPP - 1 additional for each point (goal or assist)
SHG - 5
SHA - 3
GWG - 1
SOG - .1
Hit - 0.2
Block - 0.5

Goalies:

Win: 5 Points
Shutout: 5 Points
Save: .2
Goal Against: -1
Loss: -2

This makes matchups much more competitive each week. It also values key parts of the game and allows certain players to retain fantasy value without simply being PIM leaders. For instance Gudas still has value in these leagues because he hits a ton.

It also makes goalies more interesting. For instance, in our current format, say you have Jake Oettinger and he starts a Monday night game and gets shelled for 7 goals. Well chances are, unless Jake or your other goalie players out of their mind in their remaining games, you just lost 3-4 categories off of one terrible start.

With this format, the one bad start doesn't kill you. Sure, you lose some points but they can easily be made up by other members of your team.

I know this is a big change but I think we've been doing this current format for over a decade and a change of pace might be nice. Even the league re-evaluates their formats every so often. Last year's rankings with Kucherov being the Art Ross winning and ranking out of the top 10 while JT Miller is the #1 player in the league according to our stat format......then shit is clearly broken.

In no hockey league in the world are hits or PIMs as valuable as goals and assists, no matter what. Giving them the same weight in a category-based format just makes no sense IMO.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I vote we do a complete overhaul of these leagues and their scoring and formatting. We stick with week-to-week matchups but we switch from a category based system to a point scoring system. PIMs need to be eliminated, plain and simple. Faceoff wins are also meaningless in fantasy hockey. Here is the format I use for multiple leagues that works incredibly well:

Players:

G - 3
A - 1.5
+/- - 0.5 either way
PPP - 1 additional for each point (goal or assist)
SHG - 5
SHA - 3
GWG - 1
SOG - .1
Hit - 0.2
Block - 0.5

Goalies:

Win: 5 Points
Shutout: 5 Points
Save: .2
Goal Against: -1
Loss: -2

This makes matchups much more competitive each week. It also values key parts of the game and allows certain players to retain fantasy value without simply being PIM leaders. For instance Gudas still has value in these leagues because he hits a ton.

It also makes goalies more interesting. For instance, in our current format, say you have Jake Oettinger and he starts a Monday night game and gets shelled for 7 goals. Well chances are, unless Jake or your other goalie players out of their mind in their remaining games, you just lost 3-4 categories off of one terrible start.

With this format, the one bad start doesn't kill you. Sure, you lose some points but they can easily be made up by other members of your team.

I know this is a big change but I think we've been doing this current format for over a decade and a change of pace might be nice. Even the league re-evaluates their formats every so often. Last year's rankings with Kucherov being the Art Ross winning and ranking out of the top 10 while JT Miller is the #1 player in the league according to our stat format......then shit is clearly broken.

In no hockey league in the world are hits or PIMs as valuable as goals and assists, no matter what. Giving them the same weight in a category-based format just makes no sense IMO.

I'm down for a change. So I vote for this as well.

CoolioFunk

Apr 15, 2021
I’m in for playing again and would be game to try the new rules posted above

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@ProjectPanthers panthers I did give it thought, and I'm really sorry I'm not so thrilled with the new setup.

With as much emphasis on scoring, it seems those lucky enough to draft the first 5 spots has a good advantage over those who don't. And if someones top goal scorer gets hurt they're screwed. Whoever picks amongst the first will also have first dibs on goalies, and if someone does go rogue and picks a goalie instead of a goal scorer, they just shot themselves in the foot.

I like that JT Miller is ranked 1st because he's does it all.

I like that whoever picks the top point getters isn't handed a win every week and that the cumulation of each category holds weight.

I like chasing previous years records. Changing everything takes away the prestige of previous years.

If you guys wanna break away and do it that way, I won't take it personally just as i hope you don't take it personally that I'm making the suggestion. So yeah @Beezer if you tell me you wanna keep things the same, we should. Well just take whoever from the B league that wants to join which ever format to fill it out.

Raw and Smackdown rosters if you will lol

OR I'm down to try both types with the same A cast as a test season, but i like what we got and ion't want to lose what we've built up so far.

To me this kinda change took Ronald and the colorful fun away and turned McDonald's beige lol

Last edited:

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I get it, on wanting a change and it may be good. Right now I don’t have the time to implement a complete overhaul of our leagues though. I’m ok removing the PIMs if you guys prefer for now. And we can keep a dialogue on making a bigger change next season in this thread.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hey guys, I’m out this year. The suggested change sounds like it would take a little less time, but I’m on the road a lot as I cover the whole SouthEast of the country these days, I don’t have time (or just forget) to check on who I need to pick up.

I wish everyone a great season, though.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I get it, on wanting a change and it may be good. Right now I don’t have the time to implement a complete overhaul of our leagues though. I’m ok removing the PIMs if you guys prefer for now. And we can keep a dialogue on making a bigger change next season in this thread.
Aww i like adding the fighters!
If we do change that much, maybe blocked shots instead?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
@ProjectPanthers panthers I did give it thought, and I'm really sorry I'm not so thrilled with the new setup.

With as much emphasis on scoring, it seems those lucky enough to draft the first 5 spots has a good advantage over those who don't. And if someones top goal scorer gets hurt they're screwed. Whoever picks amongst the first will also have first dibs on goalies, and if someone does go rogue and picks a goalie instead of a goal scorer, they just shot themselves in the foot.

I like that JT Miller is ranked 1st because he's does it all.

I like that whoever picks the top point getters isn't handed a win every week and that the cumulation of each category holds weight.

I like chasing previous years records. Changing everything takes away the prestige of previous years.

If you guys wanna break away and do it that way, I won't take it personally just as i hope you don't take it personally that I'm making the suggestion. So yeah @Beezer if you tell me you wanna keep things the same, we should. Well just take whoever from the B league that wants to join which ever format to fill it out.

Raw and Smackdown rosters if you will lol

OR I'm down to try both types with the same A cast as a test season, but i like what we got and ion't want to lose what we've built up so far.

To me this kinda change took Ronald and the colorful fun away and turned McDonald's beige lol
This system does far from allowing the "top point scorers" to win the week. Blocked shots are worth .5 points. Trust me, it's not the goal scorers who win you weeks in this format. I've played this format for over a decade, if the guy who drafted McDavid or Matthews every year ended up winning we would've trashed it years ago.

The current system values a faceoff win as much as a goal???

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
This system does far from allowing the "top point scorers" to win the week. Blocked shots are worth .5 points. Trust me, it's not the goal scorers who win you weeks in this format. I've played this format for over a decade, if the guy who drafted McDavid or Matthews every year ended up winning we would've trashed it years ago.
Fair enough. I did say "seems" , claiming a bit of ignorance.
Like I said I'm down for a trial season, I really just don't wanna scrap the one we got quite yet.

The current system values a faceoff win as much as a goal???
No, it values the sum of all face off wins as much as the sum of all goals.

Imagine how much worse the scores would be for those going against the usual leaders of the category 🤣

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@ProjectPanthers I honestly want to try both, it really wouldn't consume all that much more time for me I don't think.

For whoever wants to jump formats, I obviously won't take it personally, you're still stuck with me either way.

My proposition for this looks like:
Legacy league, run by Beezer til death or senility, nothing changed, except i think adding blocked shots would be fun. Perhaps scrap plus minus if any at all. Big fat no on scrapping PiMs FaceOffs and Hits.
Those in legacy A who only want to play the new league will be replaced by legacy B members, leading order of last years standings get first choice? And vice versa for the other league, LOL you know what i mean! Like if everyone set for legacy A action but Beezer wants to do both, then we'll take the person who finished third in b league and bring em in. If BNB and Ciccarelli wanna only do the the new thing, not both, well look to 4th and 5th of the legacy B ....etc.....

Oh shit wait a minute...with Laus duckin out...who finished 9th? They're stayin in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad