Fanatics jerseys will still look like Adidas next year

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
I saw a post in the business forum about Fanatics will continue to make Adidas jerseys for the 2024-25 season..

This means the collars will still look the same..

I know I hate the way Adidas jerseys look, especially the collars..

So I know the jerseys will still look the same despite Fanatics taking over next year.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I saw a post in the business forum about Fanatics will continue to make Adidas jerseys for the 2024-25 season..

So I know the jerseys will still look the same despite Fanatics taking over next year.
Fanatics jerseys are cheaply made and look like shit . Who in right mind pay those prices for utter garbage?

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Fanatics jerseys are cheaply made and look like shit . Who in right mind pay those prices for utter garbage?
It probably just means theyre still sitting on old stock, so rather than wasting it, they’ll just slap on the Fanatics logos in place of Adidas.

This sort of happened in the 2000 when the Starter to Proplayer switch happened. Pro Player (Fruit of the Loom) just used the same factories that Starter used to produce the jerseys and slapped their logos on. Ironically, the later Pro Player jerseys actually ended up being better quality than the Starter versions.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

just like when RBK took over from CCM/KOHO

Those are fanatics breakaway they are designed to look like shit and be shit.

The jerseys the players wear will be high quality and made in the same factory that has made NHL jerseys in Quebec for decades.

Reactions: DaveG and Dog

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It probably just means theyre still sitting on old stock, so rather than wasting it, they’ll just slap on the Fanatics logos in place of Adidas.

This sort of happened in the 2000 when the Starter to Proplayer switch happened. Pro Player (Fruit of the Loom) just used the same factories that Starter used to produce the jerseys and slapped their logos on. Ironically, the later Pro Player jerseys actually ended up being better quality than the Starter versions.
The jerseys will be made in the same Quebec factory that has been making nhl jerseys for decades.

According to the Anaheim leak it does look like the dimples are gone though. I really like the dimples. In giant collection of Oilers game worn jerseys I love the adidas for the dimples. It’s such a simple thing and makes the jerseys look great. I think jerseys looks naked without the dimples now

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
just like when RBK took over from CCM/KOHO

Those are fanatics breakaway they are designed to look like shit and be shit.

The jerseys the players wear will be high quality and made in the same factory that has made NHL jerseys in Quebec for decades.
This is a great point @Oilslick941611
That first year of RBK 6100 era were basically CCM 550s. At least in my collection of replicas, they have the same boxy cut.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
This is a great point @Oilslick941611
That first year of RBK 6100 era were basically CCM 550s. At least in my collection of replicas, they have the same boxy cut.
They are the same just with a rbk vector logo on the neck.

Now rbk ruined it with the edge system. I don’t think fanatics will do that. I stopped buying fan jerseys because of the rbk premiers. My collection is solely on ice jerseys and I’m happy that fanatics is going to sell the on the ice jerseys to fans, like Reebok did.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
The jerseys will be made in the same Quebec factory that has been making nhl jerseys for decades.

According to the Anaheim leak it does look like the dimples are gone though. I really like the dimples. In giant collection of Oilers game worn jerseys I love the adidas for the dimples. It’s such a simple thing and makes the jerseys look great. I think jerseys looks naked without the dimples now
I agree. The dimples look good as an element on the true on ice player authentics.

But on the “repli-thentics” they sell to us general public, they dropped the ball with making them just “look like” dimples.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
They are the same just with a rbk vector logo on the neck.

Now rbk ruined it with the edge system. I don’t think fanatics will do that. I stopped buying fan jerseys because of the rbk premiers. My collection is solely on ice jerseys and I’m happy that fanatics is going to sell the on the ice jerseys to fans, like Reebok did.
I kinda miss that vector logo. I liked it over the Reebok wordmark.

The RBK Premiers had terrible fabric. When you wore them out to games, they were prone to pulls from keys or whatever else might snag. I have one Rangers Edge 1.0, and they are miles ahead of the Indo replicas, but the arms are LONG! Like wizard robe arms

I will say though that the Pro Player replicas are a gold standard in replicas. The weight of the fabric was pretty robust and they came with stitched crest and double elbows. The quality on those compared to today’s replicas are shocking

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I agree. The dimples look good as an element on the true on ice player authentics.

But on the “repli-thentics” they sell to us general public, they dropped the ball with making them just “look like” dimples.
Agree 100%
first on the left is a Game worn jersey from last season, middle is an indo-authentic, third is a game worn reverse retro 2 and last is rbk edge game worn from 2016. I LOVE me some dimples. The fan jerseys though are just a poor representation of them

Attachments

• IMG_8004.jpeg
    IMG_8004.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 1

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Anybody who hates the adidas era is either too young or was too drunk during Reebok edge piping-palooza.

Like my Avs…I can totally live with the chunky collars. Because the rest of it is on point.
^^This. That Reebok vertical piping made some teams jerseys complete eyesores. Most of the Reebok cuts also deleted the lower hem stripes on the jerseys, so they never felt anchored.

I grew to like the Adidas cut. It took me a little to get used to the collars, initially.

The “penta-Adidas “ on the blue Rangers home jerseys looked out of place, at first. As if it were a bolo tie on a hockey jersey. And I thought the fake tie down laces looked silly since they were there for just looks.
BAB6FD0D-A7D0-443C-8450-69DA34500CE8.jpeg

But, oddly enough, that element blended in well enough on the road-whites where it wasnt as distracting.
498E6B00-9967-45E1-B281-2DF52F16F64F.jpeg

Worst era of NHL jerseys ever. I mean the piping looks awful. View attachment 885805
Sacrilegious! The omission of the shoulder yokes on these Oiler jerseys were also strange.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Worst era of NHL jerseys ever. I mean the piping looks awful. View attachment 885805
So bad…they look like pajamas.

I know nostalgia is a strong pull but can everybody who was alive in the Edge era just agree right now we will never bring these back and also teach our children to never think this hockey aesthetic has some sort of retro charm? Please? The thought of Edge retro jerseys being a thing in 2030 is making me naseuous.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Gotta love arm stripes that dont go all the way around. Reebok had it all going wrong. What do you like about jerseys? Well we got none of that! f*** you fans!
Piping-palooza wasn’t kind to a few teams’ looks.
The Avs and Oilers were already mentioned.
I personally think the Sabres Buffaslug era was forgettable.
These two were also not spared from vertical piping-palooza.

I suppose a Thank You to Adidas is in order for restoring some of the teams back to better sets.
83FBBCA1-3B6A-4A7E-9BA8-CCFDFA4A43C3.jpeg

9195735B-6CB3-457C-A8EA-D9BF6BFCEE71.jpeg

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Doesn’t change the fact that Fanatics are f***ing garbage. :rolleyes:
Oh trust me, as much as I just ranted about four posts earlier of Reebok f***ing it all up, I fully and whole heartedly expect fanatics to f*** it all up.

Where there's jerseys to ruin, Fanatics will be there.
Where there's material to cheap out on, Fanatics will be there.
Where there's prices to gouge even beyond gouging prices. Well, Fanatics will be there!

Fanatics, a jersey for no one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad