Fallout 4 - Part IV - Settled In - Use Spoiler Tags.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Only Nuka World and DLC is done. Totally ripped off when they made it sound like it was going to be 6 full DLCs for the season pass and 4 of them ended up being building material

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Only Nuka World and DLC is done. Totally ripped off when they made it sound like it was going to be 6 full DLCs for the season pass and 4 of them ended up being building material

And raised the price to boot after the first DLC was released.

I'm just surprised at times, the settlements that people can come up with, when I get frustrated just trying to build a couple story warehouse, and getting things to snap, and then the 4 story elevator is apparently bugged, so that doesn't snap in place anyhow...

I am sort of tempted about the vault DLC, if the AI is creative enough to let you run your own experiments, but if all it is, are more settlement assets, not sure if I'll really care.

Still, when it comes down to it, the settlements don't net me anything. Right now I'm doing some building, just because there's nothing left to do, and the BoS radiant quests are really awful, and all Preston does anymore is yell at me about killing all the people in the Institute.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well yes, to this point. But it's a lot of settlement DLC, so it just seems like there's not a lot of content DLC, but give it time and there will be more.

Nuka Cola world is apparently going to be the last dlc.

So basically we only get 2 big dlcs. Far harbor and Nuka Cola world.

The rest are mainly settlement building dlcs. Yes, that robot dlc had a story to it, but it was short.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
My settlers can't even use an elevator. And what is the point of a pillory when the punished can come and go as they please?!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Apparently the beta for Fallout 4 mods for PS4 has been delayed indefinitely due to serious issues. This also means the public release for the mods is also delayed.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
So since I've run out of things do until the next DLC, I've decided to mess around with some console commands.

Making a 100 legendary BoS knights fight against 100 gunner sentry bots is outrageously fun. Oh, and with the latest 1.6 patch, it is now possible to kill Marcy.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Is there a mod that improves artillery? I'm searching the mod website, but since I'm on a galaxy s7, it's a ****ing pain in the ass.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Started playing this again about a month ago, approaching level 40 and I'm still using the overseer's guardian. It's ridiculously effective when you have the rifleman perk and I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find a better weapon.

Found some gauss rifles in the crashed jet in the glowing sea that do more damage in total when upgraded, but they have tiny magazines and the ammo is both rare and ridiculously expensive.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Man, how frigging annoying was it solving those block puzzles to retrieve Dima's memories?

The puzzles weren't awful, but having to do 5 of them in a row just got tedious and boring halfway through

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Started playing this again about a month ago, approaching level 40 and I'm still using the overseer's guardian. It's ridiculously effective when you have the rifleman perk and I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find a better weapon.

Found some gauss rifles in the crashed jet in the glowing sea that do more damage in total when upgraded, but they have tiny magazines and the ammo is both rare and ridiculously expensive.

Guns with a high rate of fire+explosive bullets.

Downside, is they tend to make nearby allies hostile during crossfire.

On reddit, I saw where someone added lorenzo's artifact to an upgraded flamer, it just blasted people across the room.

However, something like Atom's judgement+radiation upgrades completely destroys humans and animals.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Vault Tec DLC is interested, but it is clunky and has bugs as well. My settlers tend to stay on the outside of the vault instead of in AND they like to stand on the vault roof. God they're so stupid.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB

Can't remember what it's called [edit: Old Reliable] but there is a rifle you get in Far Harbour that uses custom ammunition you can only buy in Far Harbour [edit: .45-70 rounds] that I've been using exclusively for non sniper rifle, medium range combat. I have a double shot shot gun for close quarters and either an incendiary or exploding rounds sniper for long range.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Reliable

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Man, how frigging annoying was it solving those block puzzles to retrieve Dima's memories?

The puzzles weren't awful, but having to do 5 of them in a row just got tedious and boring halfway through

Glad I'm not the only one. I actually chose the ******* method of just blowing them the **** up and telling the old man his daughter was a synth and she's dead just to avoid continuing it.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
the vault-tec workshop was super disappointing.

I'm tired of workshop DLC. Tired. It'd be one thing if the settlements interacted with each other, but I was sort of looking forward to running my own experiments regardless of that, and it might actually make me feel arsed to build my own vault.

Ha.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Glad I'm not the only one. I actually chose the ******* method of just blowing them the **** up and telling the old man his daughter was a synth and she's dead just to avoid continuing it.

I though they were easy...last one was tedious but not hard to figure out. You only needed to do the first three to continue the quest.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
the vault-tec workshop was super disappointing.

I'm tired of workshop DLC. Tired. It'd be one thing if the settlements interacted with each other, but I was sort of looking forward to running my own experiments regardless of that, and it might actually make me feel arsed to build my own vault.

Ha.

Yeah, the experiments were quite lame and I was hopping they'd be more sinister. I do however, like Clem and enjoyed watching him being blasted off the bike. I also happen to like vault building, but I hate how there aren't any Vault style shops. Using a run down, filthy, wasteland shop in a squeaky clean vault is just terrible and lazy on the developers side.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I've been really unimpressed with the DLC for this game. So far it would be hard for me not to say that this is the worst collection of DLC for a Bethesda game.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I like Far Harbor but there's very little to do there. This is my gripe with Fallout 4, created a big world to explore but there's just no reason. You never stumble across a random quest or communities. All the towns are empty.

And settlement building just is gone out of control. I didn't go to Far Harbor to build more freaking settlements. Settlements everywhere but why. After it's all said and done I like the house I decorated in Megaton more than any of these settlements. Maybe it would be more fun on a second play through to have all this DLC but after beating the game, I don't really feel any desire to go back and build up a house or settlement when I have no reason to go there.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Far Harbor felt too much like Point Lookout in my opinion. The story is different and there are other differences of course, but the general feel and setting is very close in my opinion. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the quality of expansions we got for Fallout 3, New Vegas (not Bethesda I know), Oblivion (Shivering Isles specifically), and Skyrim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad