Value of: Fabian Zetterlund

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
He should bring back a 1st+ considering recent trades. Its the main interest in SJ trading for him.
Makes $1.4m this year and next.

It'll be dumb to keep him. contract goes up in 2 years and he will likely age out before the rebuild is finished.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I see no reason to move Zetterlund unless someone makes a too-good offer. He’s been really good this year and has become close with Eklund, which is nice to see. Zetterlund is the type of player who can play top-6 during the rebuild and teach young guys pro-habits and how to play the right way. Then when the Sharks hopefully come out of the rebuild in a few years, he can slide down into the bottom-6 as a reliable vet.

All this to say, I would only move him for a piece that will help the rebuild in a meaningful way. He’s only 24.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He’s come around really well this season. Fantastic complimentary forward for a guy like Eklund or Hertl. He’s one of those that’s worth more to us than other teams. Like I’d be starting it at a first and might not accept that. Probably not worth the first though.

Reactions: Sendhelplease

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I think I've seen someone else on here describe a Zetterlund as describing a Blake Coleman type return as a good player who is physical and scores goals while being cost controlled. I'd only trade Zetterlund in exchange for that type of package.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
He went from “oh god why did Grier ask for him” last year to being one of our key guys. He’s fast, strong, scores goals, plays the right way - it would take a lot for me to trade him as I think he and Eklund are the building blocks of the Sharks 2.0.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Loved Z. He was a guy who does everything you want from later round picks - continually improved his pace every year. Last year was probably the only time his development stalled out. Otherwise it’s been up and to the right since his injury.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He went from “oh god why did Grier ask for him” last year to being one of our key guys. He’s fast, strong, scores goals, plays the right way - it would take a lot for me to trade him as I think he and Eklund are the building blocks of the Sharks 2.0.
I don’t know if I’d necessarily call him a building block but that might be a semantics thing. Early on he had the same effort but John Scott looked more skilled in teal than Zetterlund did. He looked like he was all effort with no hands. Since the start of this season he’s had that little burst of skill that makes the effort that much more effective.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think I've seen someone else on here describe a Zetterlund as describing a Blake Coleman type return as a good player who is physical and scores goals while being cost controlled. I'd only trade Zetterlund in exchange for that type of package.

I hope so just because it would mean I called it when the trade happened.

IMG_0509.jpeg

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I would only trade him for a Blake Coleman to TB type return. 1st + prospect equivalent in value to a late 1st. It’s a steep price but the Sharks don’t have a compelling reason to move him otherwise.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I would only trade him for a Blake Coleman to TB type return. 1st + prospect equivalent in value to a late 1st. It’s a steep price but the Sharks don’t have a compelling reason to move him otherwise.

Ugh, you had to say that name. :laugh: Us Devils fans would kill to have either Z or Coleman back in the middle 6.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I don’t know if I’d necessarily call him a building block but that might be a semantics thing. Early on he had the same effort but John Scott looked more skilled in teal than Zetterlund did. He looked like he was all effort with no hands. Since the start of this season he’s had that little burst of skill that makes the effort that much more effective.

Obviously he’s not Eklund or Smith (in potential), but I think he’s an important player to have during the rebuild (again, plays the right way, now he’s scoring, etc) and as a vet when the team is ready to compete. I think rebuilds are delicate things and while you want as many high end skilled guys as possible, guys like Zetterlund who can provide continuity and teach rookies how to play and succeed in the NHL are also important. So, yeah, maybe building block isn’t exactly accurate but I see him as a Shark for a long time unless we get blown away by an offer.

Reactions: Gecklund

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I see no reason to move Zetterlund unless someone makes a too-good offer. He’s been really good this year and has become close with Eklund, which is nice to see. Zetterlund is the type of player who can play top-6 during the rebuild and teach young guys pro-habits and how to play the right way. Then when the Sharks hopefully come out of the rebuild in a few years, he can slide down into the bottom-6 as a reliable vet.

All this to say, I would only move him for a piece that will help the rebuild in a meaningful way. He’s only 24.
How long are fans expecting the rebuild to last?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
How long are fans expecting the rebuild to last?
It kind of depends. We have a lot of the less important pieces but we are still missing the high end D pieces and Smith while fun we aren’t sure if he will be a 1C yet. I’d say a few years at least because the only way you can get those pieces is top of the draft. Hopefully we can pick up at least one of those this draft with our 2.5 1sts (ones conditional and man those conditions don’t look like they are going to hit)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad