GDT: f*** You Cancer! - New York Islanders @ 19:00EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
upload_2021-3-29_20-51-43.png

This isn't interference/holding bois.

Reactions: ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
14 shots by the Isles that period...that’s not all on the refs...

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I heard Tampa specifically targeted players over the last two years that take lots of penalties because they know the refs even it up.

I don't know if that would work for us given Letang and Crosby's reputation in the league though.
This is also why player value models that include penalties drawn or taken are dumb.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
14 shots by the Isles that period...that’s not all on the refs...

Definitely was not a good period for us. I dunno how to explain that period versus the first.

Kill off the penalty to start the third and then put the foot back on the gas.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
@Peat like's post shots after that one.

+ It's over

Gotta say based on the standard of tripping calls, I dunno why Cizikias on Letang that led to the first 4 on 4 wasn't a trip, and how they thought Matheson was the only guy holding there is beyond me.

Guessing there's nothing on Jarry?

There's times when I don't love this team's commitment to whipping it through the blue paint towards pressured players in the hope of a goal. Feels like we give away pressure cheaply doing that at times, and can't remember the last time it paid off.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They're handcuffing our transition game illegally. Open your eyes.

they’re not the only team...nearly every team does it...that Babcockian interference is the lifeblood of many a team...it’s like holding for an offensive line in the NFL...could be called all the time...the refs almost never call it...I have no idea why it’s still in the rulebook lol...but teams have been doing it for years against the Pens skill

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The reason that a 2-goal lead is the worst in hockey is because the officiating does everything possible to even things up.

That said, the Isles were the better team that period...at some point missing 4 of your top 9 forwards is going to catch up to you against good teams. Hope they can get through one more period before it does.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
TBH; that’s how the playoffs are gonna be so if we fold like cheap cardboard now in the regular season instead of figuring out a way around it, I’ll be able to plan my postseason sleep schedule a bit better.

exactly...

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
So just a quick observation. In the last 5 minutes of that period I watched the Islanders commit 5 interference infractions. They call the one against the Penguins when I could argue that wahlstrom actually clutched Matheson to try to slingshot around him first.
This 100%. At the beginning of the play he grabs Matheson by the shoulder and that is how he gets around him. The call it one way but not the other. BRUTAL reffing.

Reactions: lordstanley91

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
TBH; that’s how the playoffs are gonna be so if we fold like cheap cardboard now in the regular season instead of figuring out a way around it, I’ll be able to plan my postseason sleep schedule a bit better.

Still the worst league that switches rules for regular season to playoffs for sake of parity. Hands down joke.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
During the back to back Cup years, the Pens learned to ignore the physical intimidation and after the whistle bull shit but it appears that they are back to letting it get under their skin again...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

No. The playoffs don't have us getting multiple penalties for stupid tick tack bullshit.

They've called three straight penalties on us to get the Isles back in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad