Confirmed Signing with Link: F Wade Allison signs in the KHL

Feb 5, 2016
Injuries really destroyed this kid’s confidence in his own game, as he couldn’t put enough games together without injuries piling up.

Hopefully Wade can find his game in the KHL and return to NA after this upcoming season with Barys Astana.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
22 points in 60 games in the AHL? Yeah, it's a real surprise NHL teams don't care about him...
I’ve actually watched him play. He’s a good player and better than that but injuries really screwed him up. Also, he’s a bottom 6 guy not a scorer.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
22 points in 60 games in the AHL? Yeah, it's a real surprise NHL teams don't care about him...

Reports were he was at odds with the Flyers’ decisions. That plus injuries probably had more to do with it. I think he would be a NHL bottom 6 wing but I get not wanting to deal with the constant injuries.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Considering he is moving to Barys, who are KHL's penny-pinching bottom dwellers at this point, the interest from Europe wasn't too impressive either, so any talks about the NHL relevance are crazy.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
When John Tortorella took over as the Flyers' coach Allison was one of the young forwards he pushed to play a larger role (and the marketing department featured him in their summer pieces). Guys like Tippett, Farabee and to a lesser extent Morgan Frost flourished. Allison was constantly out with nagging injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad