F Viktor Fyodorov - Chaika Nizhny Novgorod, MHL (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Could be a big name prospect out of Russia - he is currently a step ahead of almost everyone in his age group. Dynamic offensive forward that will wow you with speed and skill. We'll see how things play out for the kid.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He's been a trending name on a Russian-language hockey prospect board I browse for a while now. One of the most prolific posters on the site has Fyodorov ranked #1 among all Russian prospects born 2006 to 2011 as of this May..."skilled and strong", "tremendously quick and can stick-handle opponents into pretzels" and "shows leadership and confidence". Has a bit of a burden because of the weight his name carries...ie, Sergei Federov...but looks like a very special kid. (All loose google translation here of course).

Not gonna pretend I've ever seen the kid play of course and obviously still ridiculously early but he's definitely generated buzz among hardcore Russian prospect watchers. Will be fun to see if this thread someday explodes like a Svechnikov or Michkov thread!

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He's been a trending name on a Russian-language hockey prospect board I browse for a while now. One of the most prolific posters on the site has Fyodorov ranked #1 among all Russian prospects born 2006 to 2011 as of this May..."skilled and strong", "tremendously quick and can stick-handle opponents into pretzels" and "shows leadership and confidence". Has a bit of a burden because of the weight his name carries...ie, Sergei Federov...but looks like a very special kid. (All loose google translation here of course).

Not gonna pretend I've ever seen the kid play of course and obviously still ridiculously early but he's definitely generated buzz among hardcore Russian prospect watchers. Will be fun to see if this thread someday explodes like a Svechnikov or Michkov thread!
I appreciate the post - interesting to see that said poster is so high on him - being the top player in a 5 year pool is very high praise.

Reactions: BKarchitect

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

#24 Viktor Fyodorov
This kid is special. He is so clearly a step or two ahead of his teammates and opposition. When he steps on the ice you have your eyes glued to him because he is going to do something. He is an amazing skater, he has great acceleration, speed and agility - he pairs that with phenomenal vision and pucks skills and you have a prospect here that could be something special. He is so smart. The last prospect I have seen that is this smart is Matvei Michkov. He positions himself so well on the ice. He will lag behind as a defender rushes the puck through transition only to come from behind with a burst of speed and receive a drop pass for a great scoring opportunity that no one saw on the ice. He is very good with his stick lifts from behind, within the first 10 minutes of the game I counted 3 times where he stripped an opponent from behind and created a scoring opportunity going the other way. So many times he was able to stick handle himself out of numerous defenders, this kid can stick handle in a phone booth. He has phenomenal vision, he knows where all of his teammates are on the ice at all times. His passes at times are so good and unexpected his teammates aren’t able to properly corral them because they simply didn’t expect such a perfect pass in that situation either. He already makes passes that don’t seem possible. One thing I noted is that he didn’t shoot enough when creating good enough scoring opportunities for himself. He has a good shot, he at times just perfers to overpass the puck even though there were a few situations where him shooting would have been the better option. I honestly think he is the most talented player I have so far seen for the 2026 NHL draft, and at the very least is the best 2008 born in the world. Yes, I think he is better than Roobroeck and McKenna. Exiting stuff going forward

Last edited:

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I haven't seen him play much, but he's potentially the best Russian player of the decade after Michkov. The hype has been there for a few years now. But I would like someone to tell me a little about the Antropov boys. To be more exact Vlasov and Shilov, the boys are on the pace of more than 3ppg in the Petersburg region. This 2008 vintage appears to be extremely talented.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Fedorov recently won the top forward in the U15 Championa Cup in Russia among U15 playwrs as his team Loktomotiv Yaroslavl findished 2nd at the tournament.

He scored 15 points in 7 games and was driving the offence whenever he stepped on the ice.

I made a twitter thread of some impressive sequences he had.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Is Viktor the most potential Russian player at the same age in the last 10 years after Michkov?
Or is he there with Demidov, Svechnikov, Kaprizov?

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I heard that Viktor switched from Lokomotiv to Torpedo. Does anyone know if this move happened?
Changing the Moscow region for the Volga would not be bad for development?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Viktor Fyodorov can move to the Torpedo system at the end of October.

It would be incredibly interesting to see him on Larionov's team in the next two years.

This actually has me very, very excited. It could be a great development for Fyodorov.

I hope Larionov stays in Nizhny Novgorod for a long time. But what are the chances at some point he ends up at one of the big clubs. Maybe he likes being able to do what he wants at Torpedo as opposed to being under the thumb of somebody elsewhere or is he going to take over the entire program at one of the traditional powers someday? He’s not some young guy anymore at 62, is he with Torpedo for the long haul?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
yes, good question has been asked in the news above. First Lokomotiv gave away Michkov for peanuts, now the history repeats itself with Fedorov. Brutal.
also,after retiring Sergei Fedorov miraculously turned into Federov on this site. Hope this Fedorov won't meet the same fate

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Whatever he does, leaving Loko is probably a good thing since they can't develop forwards even for KHL this days

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
He started flying by Torpedo, 8 points in 2 games. He, Vlasov and Shilov look like a 3-headed Russian monster so far. They impress me a lot and make me look forward to seeing them at Mhl next season

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Michkov level perspective then? Because Ryabkin is destroying Michkov's ppg, but Michkov was still much better.
I’d be hoping he’d hover around PPG to live up to how much I’ve hyped him so far. Anything better than that would be a cherry on top. Ryabkin has shown incredible progression, and a flawless transition to the MHL this season. To expect that is setting yourself up for failure and disappointment to be honest.

Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad