F Vadim Moroz - Dinamo Minsk, KHL (2023, 88th, ARI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I know absolutely nothing on the kid - but I’m intrigued. Just looking at the highlights he is slippery, creative and seems to Put himself in good positions to score.

But that’s why they call them highlights haha.

I’ll do some research on the kid, I’ll let you know what I find.

yrmj3

Jul 4, 2018
Minsk
I don't watch a lot of KHL games this year, checked statistic today and was a bit surprised that Moroz, in 21 games, is only two points behind Sharangovich in his draft year

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Skated in 39 regular season games for Dinamo Minsk but did not play in the playoff series against SKA. Was that coach's decision or was he injured?

It's a shame that Belarus did not participate in any IIHF tournaments as it would have been interesting to see him against top players his own age.

Any chance he is selected this time around?

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I had the misfortune of watching a bunch of Minsk games this year following Vadim Moroz. It was a tough watch if anyone got the chance. His usage was brutal. 11 minutes a game. It'd be one thing if he played for a good team and they didn't have room for him. Minsk sucked and they strangely choose not to play him. Not an isolated incident either. Another overage Belarusian I've followed this year is Alex Suvorov. Played for Minsk last year also, they played him less than 7 minutes a game. They chose to loan him out instead of playing him this year and was one of the best young forwards in the entire league. I believe he got injured toward the end of the season which effected his play but until that point the 20 year old Suvorov actually lead u23 KHL forwards in production for the majority of the year, even ahead of high profile prospects like Khusnutdinov. This is a Moroz thread so I'll stop there, just wanted to give some context to how a guy who played almost no role for Minsk could go to a different team and be one of the best young forwards in the league. From the little glimpses of ice time you could actually get to watch him he's big, he skates well, poised with the puck, good hands, good vision. Actually surprised me a few times coming back hard in his own zone. Take this as me just blowing smoke but this kids draft year was last season. Hell, I don't care what round it is, if you drafted a kid and his next season as a 19 year old he's producing in the KHL with no minutes it's impressive. I'd love to snag both Moroz and Suvorov this coming draft..

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Eleven goals in 63 regular season games and two more in the playoffs for Dinamo.

Signed through 2026 with Minsk. Does he figure in Coyotes' future?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Eleven goals in 63 regular season games and two more in the playoffs for Dinamo.

Signed through 2026 with Minsk. Does he figure in Coyotes' future?
Hard to know at this point.
Given how young the Yotes roster is and how many picks they've stockpiled, Moroz will have some stiff competition for a roster spot. Just focusing on right-shooting wingers, Guenther and Doan are on the roster, Moroz will be fighting But, Matikka, Raty and Fedotov for remaining spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad