F Vít Zahejský - Kamloops Blazers, WHL (2025 draft)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Vít Zahejský.
Another interesting Czech name for the 2025 draft. Currently ahead of Adam Benak in scoring in the leagueU17.
Gif
Well, I'm a skeptic by nature, so what do we have here..? The action is nice, but I don't see quite elite speed (he didn't need it in this case either), very good hands. Next, we have a very small sample of matches this season. On the other hand, last year he had about 0.5 points per game, while Benák had almost 2 points per game.
It's just too early to draw any closer conclusions from three games, and from his performances last season, my skepticism is justified in this case. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Wooren and hellwar9

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Well, I'm a skeptic by nature, so what do we have here..? The action is nice, but I don't see quite elite speed (he didn't need it in this case either), very good hands. Next, we have a very small sample of matches this season. On the other hand, last year he had about 0.5 points per game, while Benák had almost 2 points per game.
It's just too early to draw any closer conclusions from three games, and from his performances last season, my skepticism is justified in this case. Unfortunately.
I agree, Benak looked like possibly the best forward on the U17 Czech national team already as an underager, while Zahejsky didn't really standout in my viewings of the U16 national team. No comparison here at the moment.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Continues to dominate in the "Extraliga juniorů" (4 points in last two games) delighting with beautiful (between-the-legs) goals scored.

Reactions: Goodman68

czech

Feb 23, 2009
I think his speed is fine. He grabbed the puck shorthanded, broke through to the goal and scored from a difficult position (today's game). Perhaps, at the moment, of the players from '07, he is performing best in the "Extraliga juniorů" (04-05). Nominated for the World U17 Hockey Challenge. Let's see how he performs there.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
How good is this guy?
I'm interested in that too. He definitely has soft hands, good hockey IQ. I'm not sure he has top speed, he's not very tall.. He is not a player who looks for a physical game. If there is a trend of strong physical players in the NHL again, I'm not sure about his chances to play in the NHL. Rather, he will be a very good Euro player.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
I also don’t know if going to Kamloops is such a great choice for this player profile. I don’t know if they’ll be the absolute bottom of the whl this year, but there certainly isn’t a strong supporting cast to finish his skilled plays.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Kamloops is still rebuilding, but ill have up to 18 returning players. Wings prospect Emmitt Finnie should get anywhere from 75-85 points, as should Justin Keller. So I'm betting he plays with one of them.

Reactions: dr1234

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He was hillarious today...

The very definition of high event on both sides of the puck.

Love his moxy and skillset

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This game was not the best look for him if he wants to play in NA next season.
I'm hoping it was nerves.. NHL arena, playing US, small rink in North America and on TSN.

It will be funny if he has 10 giveaways this afternoon though.lol

Reactions: kudla

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium