F Theo Kiss - Mount St. Charles, U15 AAA (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

USHL Rights: Des Moines Buccaneers

NCAA Commitment: University of Massachusetts Amherst

Slovakian-born forward has spent the past few seasons playing in North America putting up solid totals in the process. He has a ton of skill, his creativity with his puck handling will leave you in awe most nights. He is always creating scoring opportunities for himself, and his team and should be interesting to follow in the coming years.

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Is he an NHL prospect? I have zero knowledge on those American leagues
He's definitely a potential NHL draft pick. He went 16th in the most recent USHL draft. He played for Mount S. Charles which is a pretty good development school.

One of his linemates Sacha Boisvert went 12th overall in the most recent QMJHL draft and the other is a projected top 5 pick for the 2025 draft.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
1658251927964.png

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He is definitely interesting player, hope he will get the spot in the squad for the upcoming Hlinka Gretzky cup

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
He is definitely interesting player, hope he will get the spot in the squad for the upcoming Hlinka Gretzky cup
Unfortunately, he's not going to HGC. So at least he is going to the tournament with the U17 national team. But definitely an interesting player for the future. Middle to late rounds potential.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Exciting pull for UMass. Kiss will be an interesting one to watch. There’s been a smattering of Slovaks in the NCAA (seems like especially goalies…Hruska, Hrenak, Tomek, etc) but not many high profile Slovak prospects have done the Prep—>USHL—>NCAA route. I’m trying to think of a legit high level Slovak skater who has gone this route? The Czechs have had Kondelik and some others.

Anyways, very unique path here and he’s a prospect worth following and UMass has built one of the best programs in country.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Exciting pull for UMass. Kiss will be an interesting one to watch. There’s been a smattering of Slovaks in the NCAA (seems like especially goalies…Hruska, Hrenak, Tomek, etc) but not many high profile Slovak prospects have done the Prep—>USHL—>NCAA route. I’m trying to think of a legit high level Slovak skater who has gone this route? The Czechs have had Kondelik and some others.

Anyways, very unique path here and he’s a prospect worth following and UMass has built one of the best programs in country.
Maxim Strbak, 2023 draft prospect, is going USHL-NCAA route. I guess it is just too early for most of the kids and their families to move abroad to play Prep.

Reactions: BKarchitect

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Honestly, if I am a Slovak parent and my kid has the option of either going NCAA or Juniors; its NCAA all day every day. Worst case scenario they get decent NA education.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Honestly, if I am a Slovak parent and my kid has the option of either going NCAA or Juniors; its NCAA all day every day. Worst case scenario they get decent NA education.

But your kind must have also a school skills. I mean, there isnt only ice-hockey. They also visits school. And they make some exams...

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I would say 99% of parents have no idea about this route. They usually consider:
- Slovak route
- Czech route
- Sweden/Finland
- Major juniors (QMJHL, OHL, WHL)
- US juniors (USHL, NAHL)
In the end when they consider US juniors they get the information about next step to NCAA.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To go to school that’s conducted in a foreign language it takes being adapted. I would suspect the ones that play Prep are taking some type of online schooling or hybrid online/in-person in English. Playing NCAA doesn’t require that you’re the smartest player out there. There are plenty of programs designed for athletes that are there to play sports. I would think the hard part is being able to conduct this type of learning in a foreign language.

I went to college with many foreign students who had a first language other than English, and I always admired how they were able to get good enough grades in a foreign language. I couldn’t even begin to believe that I could score well on anything rigorous in a foreign language when it mattered.

It probably requires eventually doing all your thinking in English. I don’t think the hard part is the difference in schooling between Prep and NCAA. It’s different, but it’s not hugely more difficult schooling.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
To go to school that’s conducted in a foreign language it takes being adapted. I would suspect the ones that play Prep are taking some type of online schooling or hybrid online/in-person in English. Playing NCAA doesn’t require that you’re the smartest player out there. There are plenty of programs designed for athletes that are there to play sports. I would think the hard part is being able to conduct this type of learning in a foreign language.

I went to college with many foreign students who had a first language other than English, and I always admired how they were able to get good enough grades in a foreign language. I couldn’t even begin to believe that I could score well on anything rigorous in a foreign language when it mattered.

It probably requires eventually doing all your thinking in English. I don’t think the hard part is the difference in schooling between Prep and NCAA. It’s different, but it’s not hugely more difficult schooling.
Is there an older age group for his current program or will he be playing in the Ushl next year ?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there an older age group for Shattuck High school or will he be playing in the Ushl next year ?
He'll likely play 16U this season, and then I would think he plays 2 years of USHL. Possible he gets a few USHL games this year, but given he's listed as joining UMass in 2025, I suspect he's not viewed as USHL ready yet.

Reactions: BKarchitect

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
According to my information he will play some games in the USHL this season, but as Pavel Buchnevich writes, he will play most of the season in 16U AAA.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Didn’t play one game in USHL this year. Still I’m interested to see how he plays at the HGC. He should get a top 6 role. Based on everything I’ve seen skating and skill is good but the physical parameters are not there. He would need to have a pretty great season in the USHL to be drafted.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad