F Teddy Stiga - USNTDP (2024 Draft)

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
He's not even a lock to go in the 1st round, let alone top 12.

Bob's list has him at 43.
I think it's more likely he goes top 20 then 21-40.

I could see someone reaching in the teens or higher.

Especially with not as much high end forward depth in this draft in comparison to D

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Like others said, Stiga is almost opposite of Samoskevich who was more of a ceiling pick. Samoskevich had/has the skating and puck skills to break a game open. Stiga's skillset in isolation doesn't excite you all that much, but more his hockey sense and ability to mesh with higher end players / fit into an effective line.

We'll see about top 20 or even 30. Personally I like the 5 big name forwards from the USHL better, but I do like Stiga too.

Last edited:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I'm big on finding players I believe could become play drivers, especially early on. As such, I wouldn't be that excited to get him in the first 75 picks. I don't think he's a bad prospect or anything, and I'll undoubtedly have players on my list that will not pan out ahead of him (that's the nature of this, not everyone makes it)...but this feels more like Patrick Moynihan than Mackie Samoskevich to me.

Rooting for him though, he's a nice kid, charismatic...well liked in the room from what I've been told...

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He's not even a lock to go in the 1st round, let alone top 12.

Bob's list has him at 43.

I see him going late 1st (26-32) and I doubt later. He is more dynamic than people here are giving him credit for. If he was 6:00, he would go at 15th pick. So his 5:10 frame will drop him roughly a bit more than half a round. If he falls to #43 there are lots of people not doing their job.

His absolute max looks like Jesper Bratt and if he doesn't improve enough he will
end up in Europe.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad