Confirmed with Link: (F) Stefan Noesen signs with NJ - 3 years, 8.25 mil. (2.75 mil. AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
A lot of Devils fans really love living in the past.
I hope he works out, but.. I'm cautious, not excited, over this signing.

I am excited about the signing and it has nothing to do with what he did 6 years ago

He has become a really, really good complementary player in Carolina. His skillset is sorely needed on the 3rd line.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Canes fan here....Noesen is much improved since you last had him, plays gritty and is terrific around the net (particularly in the PP).

Along with Pesce (FWIW-Cane fan base was more concerned about Brett's play over the length of a new contract but no doubt he will be a great add for you the first couple of years), you will like Noesen's play.

I'd add both are top shelf guys and teammates.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_0181.png

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A lot of Devils fans really love living in the past.
I hope he works out, but.. I'm cautious, not excited, over this signing.

I don't like it. Maybe 2 years I can live with. 3 is too many. But I'd rather have not signed him at all and thrown a little more money at Duclair. Oh well. The bottom 6 is going to be ugly, but it is what it is.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The team is not going to play like it played in 2022-23. They've made it clear that that's not what they're looking to do. I don't know why everyone is convinced that team speed is the only way a team can win, or that this team can win. There's still lots and lots of speed on this team.
You gotta have an identity and that identity has to be built around your stars IMO.

We have a fast skilled group of top forwards. We should be building a fast team behind them with the right amount bite and grit mixed in.

You can’t build a big tough team and play that way and then throw Jack Hughes on the ice. Probably not gonna work.
Now if our team was built around Matthew Tkachuk and Barkov, I’d say build as big and physical of a team as you want because they can play and thrive in that.
We should be trying to skate teams out of the rink IMO.

I’m content with this signing however. Cotter brings a little speed and hopefully the next addition does too.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
You gotta have an identity and that identity has to be built around your stars IMO.

We have a fast skilled group of top forwards. We should be building a fast team behind them with the right amount bite and grit mixed in.

You can’t build a big tough team and play that way and then throw Jack Hughes on the ice. Probably not gonna work.
Now if our team was built around Matthew Tkachuk and Barkov, I’d said build as big and physidal of a team as you want because they can play and thrive in that.
We should be trying to skate teams out of the rink IMO.

I’m content with this signing however. Cotter brings a little speed and hopefully the next addition does too.

Traditionally, teams were built around carry-ins on their top lines and dump-ins on their bottom lines. One of the biggest issues the Devils had last season was playing that slower-paced game when teams were able to get them out of rhythm, especially after McLeod went away. And yeah, losing McLeod hurts from this structural point of view as he was capable of playing both types of games.

Now do I think Fitz has overcorrected in the draft? Absolutely, I think there's a big issue there that needs addressing. I don't think he's overcorrected at the NHL level. The Devils still have Hughes, Hischier, Meier, and Bratt, and those will be the players who dictate how the Devils are playing.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Love it. He can do some of the forechecking and gritty cycle work that the Devils need. He's developed enough scoring touch around the net that he can pop in some depth production. And it's at a price that is very reasonable. No issues here at all.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don't like it. Maybe 2 years I can live with. 3 is too many. But I'd rather have not signed him at all and thrown a little more money at Duclair. Oh well. The bottom 6 is going to be ugly, but it is what it is.

The love for Duclair on this board lol.

We’ve needed a net front PP guy for years.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Noesen has been a swiss army knife for Carolina for the past two years. He stood out in watching the games, not for being top end star talent but for being the guy who does what is asked and needed of him. No 'off shifts' for the other team with him on the ice.

That's why we are signing him. Has nothing to do with his stint here before. He brings a lot of the grind and grit that Miles Wood had, albeit not at the same speed, but with a ton more intelligence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad