Confirmed with Link: (F) Stefan Noesen signs with NJ - 3 years, 8.25 mil. (2.75 mil. AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
lol yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh well. He was a perfect add and fit for this roster, but figured he'd be priced out. 7 years AAV > $6.....

Honestly, still would have been worth it to the Devs imo if it wasn't for their current cap situation. Insert 1000th rant about Palat contract here.

Chandler Stephenson is not worth anything close to 7 years, and Palat at 3 years and 6M is better than that - it isn't close.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I can’t say enough how happy I am about him coming back, I love this guy. His story is fantastic.

He was as close to being out of the league as you can be just 3 years ago. Bounced around after 18-19 with us, spending time in three organizations over a two year span and playing just 46 games. Then he winds up on Carolina’s AHL team, goes and puts up nearly 50 goals and wins the Calder Cup, and finds himself back in the show for the next two seasons putting up career highs in goals, points and games played.

I’m stoked to have him back.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
No real issues with this. Projection was 3 x 2.5, so right in line with that. Right hand shot, term isn't egregious, good utility who can play all times if needed. I think he has to continue to stay around that 30 point mark, but he's been in that range two straight years.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The 3rd year hurts, not sure he's still at a high level by then, but Noesen was so good at boardwork when he was here. Always liked him and was bummed at how poorly he played in 2019 such that he wasn't kept around.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Happy to have the Nose back. The original Nose.

Hope he can keep up that production pace that he had with Carolina... Although not sure that is realistic, as he was getting PP2 with them?

Hope this works out, good to have a return back.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Noesen shores up some spots the Devils could improve at. He could end up with some over his head raw numbers if he can be the net front guy on PP1. A person even halfway competent there and who digs the misses off the boards will bank a bunch of “oopsie” points.

He's picked up 10 PPGs and 26 PPPs over the past two seasons, so I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see him in that spot.

CalamityX23

May 2, 2023
I guess i'm a debbie downer....

I see most are happy but i'm not really thrilled.... no me gusta.

Not exactly returning to team speed.... getting older n slower(maybe not so slow'er)

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I like this. First the history part of one of the best and most random 4th lines in recent Devils history.

Second because hes gotten better and adds depth to the bottom.

I did not realize he had 35+ points each of the last 2 seasons. Thats nice.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The team is not going to play like it played in 2022-23. They've made it clear that that's not what they're looking to do. I don't know why everyone is convinced that team speed is the only way a team can win, or that this team can win. There's still lots and lots of speed on this team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If it were John Smith I'd be a little queasy about both term and money but because of who it is I'm willing to overlook the double FA tax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad