F Rutger McGroarty - University of Michigan, NCAA (2022, 14th, WPG; traded to PIT)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe the issue is that the Jets have unrealistic expectations for young players. Why is the instinct always to blame the player?

If you are McGroarty, you see your former teammates Cooley, Gauthier, Fantilli, Brindley, Hughes, Nazar, Casey, Hutson jump right into the NHL and in some cases not play any minor league time afterwards. The idea he’s not at a similar level to at least some of those players is ridiculous. He has every right to ask for what they got. If a team doesn’t want to comply, well then they should trade him.

And he quite literally EARNED an NHL spot to start the season with a great preseason. If he so clearly needed to ride buses, especially for multiple years, in the minors, how did that happen? Quit the pettiness and stage five clinging. For all we know, he was demoted for two weeks to avoid the crazy backlash he’d get from these sorts when the Penguins play in Winnipeg today.
Brother I watched Rutger McGroarty play in a prospect tournament, a preseason game against an all NHL squad and a preseason game against a team whose top 27 player were in Europe. He struggled or was invisible in every one. Even against prospects.

Great preseason? He didn’t look ready for the AHL. You’re making shit up.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Maybe the issue is that the Jets have unrealistic expectations for young players. Why is the instinct always to blame the player?

If you are McGroarty, you see your former teammates Cooley, Gauthier, Fantilli, Brindley, Hughes, Nazar, Casey, Hutson jump right into the NHL and in some cases not play any minor league time afterwards. The idea he’s not at a similar level to at least some of those players is ridiculous. He has every right to ask for what they got. If a team doesn’t want to comply, well then they should trade him.

And he quite literally EARNED an NHL spot to start the season with a great preseason. If he so clearly needed to ride buses, especially for multiple years, in the minors, how did that happen? Quit the pettiness and stage five clinging. For all we know, he was demoted for two weeks to avoid the crazy backlash he’d get from these sorts when the Penguins play in Winnipeg today.
No player has a "right" to earn a roster spot just from simply demanding it on any team. He wasnt going to earn it here in Winnipeg and now very clearly didnt earn it in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: FrankGallagher

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brother I watched Rutger McGroarty play in a prospect tournament, a preseason game against an all NHL squad and a preseason game against a team whose top 27 player were in Europe. He struggled or was invisible in every one. Even against prospects.

Great preseason? He didn’t look ready for the AHL. You’re making shit up.
He had 6 points in 6 games and was a +7.

I don’t think I’m making anything up.

Reactions: Flynn84

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau

Rutger, you should stop posting messages on HFboards and start practicing more on your hockey skills. Just stop wasting your time and start to work harder... it'll help your career, believe me... maybe starts with some skating lessons to improve your speed idk.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Don't really have any strong feelings about the player, but the situation isn't ideal. Calgary already lost a future Norris winning prospect to this. It can't become a trend or Canadian teams won't be able to reliably draft US players if they're all going to get home sick and demand trades south of the border.
Fox is the wrong example to cite about a trend of US players not wanting to play in Canada. Calgary traded his rights to Carolina, and he wouldn't sign there either.

His intention was to sign with the Rangers, period. Mission accomplished.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Starting to think he's way over his head which is where he needs the most development. All the tools to be an excellent player, but his cockiness tells me that it's the wall in the way of his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad