F Rutger McGroarty - University of Michigan, NCAA (2022, 14th, WPG; traded to PIT)

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Good luck to Rutger McCrybaby, have fun in Pittsburgh where forward prospects go to die. Besides Malkin and Crosby, who were sure fire NHL players, not one forward on their roster was developed by Pittsburgh. You wanted out of Winnipeg, a phenomenal place to develop (see Connors, Ehlers, Scheifele, Appleton, Lowry), live with the consequences. He should have been thinking long term for his career. A lot of these kids should be better advised by their agents, in this case Pat Brisson (Mario Lemieux good buddy).
Rutger wanted out and you are writing paragraphs on a hockey board , I think he wins , got what he wanted I guess

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Interesting that the Caps managed to soften the post-Ovy era blow and build a pretty good prospects pool. The future over there actually doesn't look all that bad. They did this with some smart drafting, while the Pens let it all go and left Kyle Dubas with a poo-poo platter of options.

If the Pens took Yurov over Pickering in 2022, they'd be in a much better situation. I get that hindsight is 20/20, but even back then it was a baffling pick. I liked the McGroarty trade, but Dubas needs to pull more rabbits out of the hat.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Interesting that the Caps managed to soften the post-Ovy era blow and build a pretty good prospects pool. The future over there actually doesn't look all that bad. They did this with some smart drafting, while the Pens let it all go and left Kyle Dubas with a poo-poo platter of options.

If the Pens took Yurov over Pickering in 2022, they'd be in a much better situation. I get that hindsight is 20/20, but even back then it was a baffling pick. I liked the McGroarty trade, but Dubas needs to pull more rabbits out of the hat.
Pickering was drafted right where he was expected to go. The fact we didn’t draft Lambert is a travesty. But, Pickering just hasn’t really improved all that much. He is going to need at least two/3 years in the AHL before he is getting NHL minutes.

I don’t mind the trade for Rutger but I don’t expect him to ever be a big impact player. He’ll get some big goals here and there but he’ll never drive a line. I was a big fan of Yager, but I feel like he hasn’t taken the step I thought he would. I think it was a fair trade for both teams.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I agree with Winnipeg on this one; you can't allow a 20-year-old rookie to dictate how you run your franchise. McGroarty needs to show a bit more humility. A stint in the American league will do him good

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad