F Porter Martone - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2025 Draft)

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Overkill. If this year's draft were next year I would see a case for the top 5. That said, I have a hard time ranking Celebrini over Hagens.
I would say:
1a Celebrini, 1b Hagens 3 Demidov (although I believe he might not be in the top 3, due to other external factors) and from there I have a range of 5-10 players that he could be included in.
I'd take Celebrini, then Hagens. Hagens has more elite offensive upside, but Celebrini looks like a #1 two-way center. I prefer what I have seen with Celebrini more than with the skill I've seen of Hagens. Hagens is only 5 months younger too.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Back to Martone...
Would he still be able to play in the U18s next year? If so he's got a real chance at breaking point totals - unless McKenna is also back.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Recently put together a shift by shift and some highlights on him from last season!

My first viewing of Martone in any capacity other than a highlight reel -- I prefer the shift-by-shift, here are my first observations
  • Very smooth skater, not explosive, not sluggish.
  • Makes up for it by being very positionally sound -- responsible on the backcheck and in DZ, and intelligent in the OZ. Puck "finds him" because of this.
  • Most impressed with cross-ice and incisive passing in transition and in the OZ.
  • Suffered mightily from a horrific D-corps showing and lack of finish from his linemates.
  • Given his rep (and that highlight reel), expected to see more dangling/hero hockey/"wow" moments but instead came away impressed by an intelligent, complete, possession-centric game with simple but effective decisions... however, at least from this game, didn't see the "pop" you'd want from a top 3 pick.
Has he ever been tried at C?

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My first viewing of Martone in any capacity other than a highlight reel -- I prefer the shift-by-shift, here are my first observations
  • Very smooth skater, not explosive, not sluggish.
  • Makes up for it by being very positionally sound -- responsible on the backcheck and in DZ, and intelligent in the OZ. Puck "finds him" because of this.
  • Most impressed with cross-ice and incisive passing in transition and in the OZ.
  • Suffered mightily from a horrific D-corps showing and lack of finish from his linemates.
  • Given his rep (and that highlight reel), expected to see more dangling/hero hockey/"wow" moments but instead came away impressed by an intelligent, complete, possession-centric game with simple but effective decisions... however, at least from this game, didn't see the "pop" you'd want from a top 3 pick.
Has he ever been tried at C?
Not that I think you’re doing that (as it’s just a first viewing) but I remember when people questioned Brady Tkachuk’s upside because he didn’t “pop”.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We’ll see how everything shakes out. But, I think he is a guy that could absolutely challenge for 1st overall. This guy is going to be great.

Ton of hockey to watch, but I have him penciled in for #2. He just has it all.

If he was a center, it'd be hard not to see him at 1.. let's see if he makes it impossible to choose a center over him.

Reactions: Briser la glace

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Another 3 points tonight for Brampton. This guy has the potential to be the next great skilled big man in the NHL. He is strictly in the conversation for 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad