F Ondřej Becher - Prince George, WHL (2022 undrafted)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No nice surprises with our NHL Czechs with Zboril being waived, Smejkal sent down, Zohorna waived and Blumel sent down. Rousek too!

However, Becher's play in the WHL is something I don't think any of us saw coming?!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1696864285633.png

That whole team is just killing it right now.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's a guy who didn't really stand out to me in the couple PG games I saw last year, but then when I was looking at the numbers at the end of the year and he was a +31 on a team where the next forward was a +14 I felt like maybe I missed something. And apparently so.

It's hard to know how NHL teams will react to some of these OA guys. I really thought Michal Gut in 21-22 looked like a legit prospect - especially after he ripped up the WJCs as well - but he went undrafted and is now muddling along back in the Czech Republic.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1698263601938.png

I can't see him winning the scoring title.. I assume the 17 year olds are first rounders though.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Did that say 35 points in 16 games? Amazingly, he's still not guaranteed to get redrafted.lol

He *should* get drafted this year.

He's not a really eye-catching player but he's a natural C with decent size, responsible two-way player, and his offensive IQ is outstanding. 10 points in 7 games at the WJC, would have easily cleared 100 points in the WHL this year without his time away at the WJCs.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He *should* get drafted this year.

He's not a really eye-catching player but he's a natural C with decent size, responsible two-way player, and his offensive IQ is outstanding. 10 points in 7 games at the WJC, would have easily cleared 100 points in the WHL this year without his time away at the WJCs.
He's probably not as consistent as he should be and that could be work ethic. It's my only guess because he consistently comes up with 3 to 4 point games. Including in the World Jr's.

He seems to be invisible and 0 points of 3 points and great. That's the worst thing I can say about him. Really curious how it ends for him career wise. I can't see him in CHL next year and hope he moves on to AHL or back to Europe (if not drafted).

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's probably not as consistent as he should be and that could be work ethic. It's my only guess because he consistently comes up with 3 to 4 point games. Including in the World Jr's.

He seems to be invisible and 0 points of 3 points and great. That's the worst thing I can say about him. Really curious how it ends for him career wise. I can't see him in CHL next year and hope he moves on to AHL or back to Europe (if not drafted).

Excluding a game where he got hurt early, he's only been held off the scoresheet twice since the start of December.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If he had scored at this rate the whole season (he had that red hot start too) he would have been the WHL leading scorer by a fair margin.
I think he should be allowed to include his 10 points in 7 games at the World Juniors!lol

I'm not sure what scouts didn't like but his offence is undeniable... given Stefan and Szturc got contracts.. I can't see how he doesn't IF he doesn't go in the redraft.

Reactions: Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad