F Ollie Josephson - Red Deer Rebels, WHL (2024, 105th, SEA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

I have been very impressed with how he has played through 2 games with Red Deer. He has a projectavle frame to the NHL, is a great skater and looks to be able to find his way around the offensive zone no problem. He also isn’t afraid to stick it out in front of the net And battle for pucks along walls and in corners - At 16 this is very impressive to me. He needs to fill out and get stronger on his skates but I think he could have a big year and be a potential high pick in the NHL draft.

Reactions: Dominance

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Somewhat odd bump I know given that in his draft year, he has 6 goals (albeit with 32 points) in 46 games but in McKenzie's mid-season rankings, he was an "HM" - which places him in a 3rd round draft range. He's also #43 in the CS NA rankings - which would again roughly correspond to a 3rd-round type rating.

Are we looking at a kid whose speed just "plays" in all three zones and has enough playmaking that he projects well to a pro level?

Not many CHL forwards with 6 goals in their draft year have this kind of relative buzz among the scouting services.

What are we looking at with Ollie?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Guest on Pipeline Show this week. Does that indicate increased interest or is it just Guy Flaming casting a wide net to try and find players that may have been overlooked?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Interesting. He mentioned his dad Mike's WHL career. He was drafted by the Black Hawks and played pro hockey for six seasons.

Among his teammates were Dan Bylsma and Bryce Salvador.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I see some scouting sites saying that he has a 'safe floor as a bottom-6 C' and to me that's actually his upside.

Good-skating, hard-working player and he's a natural C which is golden but there isn't a ton of talent there and outside of the skating there isn't a lot of size or tools either.

If he hits, you're probably looking at an Isaac Lundestrom-type bottom-6 C. To me it's a fair call in the 3rd or 4th round but not a great value proposition in the 2nd.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
should be a mid round pick who realistically tops out as a ahl tweener depth guy but plays a great 200ft game and red deer is always a lower scoring by comity team so think some offense to come. Decent chance you can get a bottom 6 checker/pker out of him which is a win for anyone taken outside the top 50 tbh

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I think he's underrated. He played on a bad team but improved all year long. Intelligent player who plays with a ton of pace. I think he's the kind of player whose numbers could jump up next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad