F Ollie Josephson - Red Deer Rebels, WHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

I have been very impressed with how he has played through 2 games with Red Deer. He has a projectavle frame to the NHL, is a great skater and looks to be able to find his way around the offensive zone no problem. He also isn’t afraid to stick it out in front of the net And battle for pucks along walls and in corners - At 16 this is very impressive to me. He needs to fill out and get stronger on his skates but I think he could have a big year and be a potential high pick in the NHL draft.

Reactions: Dominance

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Somewhat odd bump I know given that in his draft year, he has 6 goals (albeit with 32 points) in 46 games but in McKenzie's mid-season rankings, he was an "HM" - which places him in a 3rd round draft range. He's also #43 in the CS NA rankings - which would again roughly correspond to a 3rd-round type rating.

Are we looking at a kid whose speed just "plays" in all three zones and has enough playmaking that he projects well to a pro level?

Not many CHL forwards with 6 goals in their draft year have this kind of relative buzz among the scouting services.

What are we looking at with Ollie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad