Prospect Info: (F) Oliver Moore - 2023 NHL Draft, 19th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
“Besides the generational 1C and the Elite two way 1/2D this prospect pool is mid”

So tiresome.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
“Besides the generational 1C and the Elite two way 1/2D this prospect pool is mid”

So tiresome.
Um a 2D by definition is not elite?

Without Bedard our pool sort of loses its luster, especially considering we've had 8 firsts in the last 3 years.

I mean this is the result of drafting for more toolsy players and not really prioritzing raw skill/hockey IQ, our prospects aren't going to look as sexy on paper. I mean, it's no secret in the hockey world Davidson is trying his darnest to emulate the recent Colorado Avalanche teams and most of the time fastest/most tenacious aren't going to simultaneously be the most skilled. There certainly is a world where everything clicks, we score by committee aside from Bedard and our team runs circles around the opposition while being forecheck demons with a huge back end to boot. Would be fun to watch, that's for sure. I just hope he doesn't consider our forward prospect pool to be filled out.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Pronman is a solid evaluator but you put way too much stock in his assessments. Wheeler for example loves Oliver Moore and is higher on Nazar than Pronman is. Lots of guys are higher or lower on guys than others. I consider their evaluation very solidly but it's not the end all be all.
I don't really think I do. I'm aware Wheeler loves Moore and is higher on Nazar.

I read Peters too and listen to his podcast.

I hope just on sheer quantity they hit on a few overperformers. Idc who they are, just hit on some.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Without Bedard our pool sort of loses its luster, especially considering we've had 8 firsts in the last 3 years.
If you are comparing the rest of the prospects to Bedard are Levshunov, of course the perception is that they are "mid" (or loses their luster) but at worst, imo, Nazar/Moore, etc will be Middle 6 players in the NHL. And those are still valuable because depth wins in the NHL.

So no, I don't think the prospects loses any luster.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Yes exactly, this has been my complaint.

I just read Pronman and everyone outside of Bedard and Levshunov reads 3rd liner or bottom 4 D.
Not that I take Pronman as the final authority on prospects but that's not what he wrote.

Korchinski-Bubble top and middle of the lineup player.
Reichel, Boisvert, Moore, Rinzel, Kantserov, and Dach- Middle of the lineup player.

Middle of the lineup= 2nd/3rd line forward or 2nd pairing defenseman as a ceiling projection. You just rounded down.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

I mean this is the result of drafting for more toolsy players and not really prioritzing raw skill/hockey IQ, our prospects aren't going to look as sexy on paper. I mean, it's no secret in the hockey world Davidson is trying his darnest to emulate the recent Colorado Avalanche teams and most of the time fastest/most tenacious aren't going to simultaneously be the most skilled. There certainly is a world where everything clicks, we score by committee aside from Bedard and our team runs circles around the opposition while being forecheck demons with a huge back end to boot. Would be fun to watch, that's for sure. I just hope he doesn't consider our forward prospect pool to be filled out.

agree with everything you wrote, but I strongly feel that KFC doesn't consider the forward pool filled out. that said, I have high hopes that at least a couple of our forwards can exceed their offensive assessments. projecting trajectories is very tricky. if Moore can elevate, that would be great.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Not that I take Pronman as the final authority on prospects but that's not what he wrote.

Korchinski-Bubble top and middle of the lineup player.
Reichel, Boisvert, Moore, Rinzel, Kantserov, and Dach- Middle of the lineup player.

Middle of the lineup= 2nd/3rd line forward or 2nd pairing defenseman as a ceiling projection. You just rounded down.

this. and I think his assessment of Rinzel is off. not nearly to as off as Vlasic, but I think Rinzel has a pretty good chance of being a top pairing guy (if we have one or two guys playing middle pair that would be top pair guys elsewhere, are they really 3s and 4s?)

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
this. and I think his assessment of Rinzel is off. not nearly to as off as Vlasic, but I think Rinzel has a pretty good chance of being a top pairing guy (if we have one or two guys playing middle pair that would be top pair guys elsewhere, are they really 3s and 4s?)
I do too.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
For shits, giggles,and boredom I recently rewatched a couple of Minnesota games from this past season. I really like Rinzel and that was reinforced by those viewings. He has really good poise with the puck and rarely panics with it. The physical tools may only get better as he matures.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
For shits, giggles,and boredom I recently rewatched a couple of Minnesota games from this past season. I really like Rinzel and that was reinforced by those viewings. He has really good poise with the puck and rarely panics with it. The physical tools may only get better as he matures.

yeah, this. while it's impossible to know what his ceiling is, it's clear that it's pretty flippin' high. mebbe I'm chugging the kool-aid, but I think he's got a shot at being the best of the bunch

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Been daydreaming of this core down the line:

Vlasic - Levshunov
Korchinski - Rinzel
Del Mastro - Jones (until he's traded)

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
yeah, this. while it's impossible to know what his ceiling is, it's clear that it's pretty flippin' high. mebbe I'm chugging the kool-aid, but I think he's got a shot at being the best of the bunch
Rinzel is one of those guys when you see the glimpses of the skill-set - combined with the physical tools and skating where I get way, way too optimistic. If he figures it out - the sky is the limit. Here's hoping to another really strong season at MINN where he stays healthy, continues to fill out, and takes on a bigger role on the ice.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Rinzel is one of those guys when you see the glimpses of the skill-set - combined with the physical tools and skating where I get way, way too optimistic. If he figures it out - the sky is the limit. Here's hoping to another really strong season at MINN where he stays healthy, continues to fill out, and takes on a bigger role on the ice.
Rinzel also seems to be the meanest of the bunch.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Is he actually? Del Mastro and Allan both have mean streaks in them. Granted I haven’t watched Rinzel a ton, just haven’t heard that from him.
Remember reading something about that last year. All three are hopefully going to be physical.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Is he actually? Del Mastro and Allan both have mean streaks in them. Granted I haven’t watched Rinzel a ton, just haven’t heard that from him.
You Know what will make him meaner... 20 lbs of muscle/age... I really think he will be the best of the bunch to date.

I also- Think NOT drafting Demidov is gonna haunt KD...
Hope Levshunov can at least be a SOLID #2

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
HF is way down on the Hawks system.

To be fair….the main boards here are ALWAYS “down on” ANYTHING Blackhawks related. U can bet that anyone posting their opinions on Hawks prospects or the overall system has some kind of personal agenda where they just don’t like us and want us to fail. That and/or they don’t want us getting any attention/hype.

There was a thread a few weeks back about asking what 5 franchises are best set up to be contenders 5 years from now….and of course just about everyone conveniently forgot to mention the Hawks. I actually commented and gave our case based on all the obvious reasons and, as expected, the comment was largely ignored and the few who responded to it were just disagreeing and looking for any little reason to exclude Chicago from the conversation. Idk why I even bothered.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
To be fair….the main boards here are ALWAYS “down on” ANYTHING Blackhawks related. U can bet that anyone posting their opinions on Hawks prospects or the overall system has some kind of personal agenda where they just don’t like us and want us to fail. That and/or they don’t want us getting any attention/hype.

There was a thread a few weeks back about asking what 5 franchises are best set up to be contenders 5 years from now….and of course just about everyone conveniently forgot to mention the Hawks. I actually commented and gave our case based on all the obvious reasons and, as expected, the comment was largely ignored and the few who responded to it were just disagreeing and looking for any little reason to exclude Chicago from the conversation. Idk why I even bothered.

Getting dominated by us for 10 years will turn even the most neutral fan biased.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Yea… they’ve all been personally victimized by the Hawks one way or another. It’s self preservation. Hawks clearly have the brightest future in the league. I don’t think it’s close.
Add in the folks who want to crucify Hawks fans for the KB situation and it's pretty toxic on the main boards.

On the future, we'll have to see. I am excited but I've been burnt too many times by prospects to count any chickens.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie

Simply put the main boards don't want the Hawks to return. When the Hawks return and start kicking the leagues butt again, those fans will be angrier than ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad