F Nikita Artamonov - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024, 50th, CAR)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just wondering for those who have followed Russia hockey closely.

Does the "Larionov factor" help or hinder prospects in the eyes of scouts?

Players seem to put up offensive numbers but is the style of play "structured" (for lack of a better word) enough to prepare players for the NHL?

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Just wondering for those who have followed Russia hockey closely.

Does the "Larionov factor" help or hinder prospects in the eyes of scouts?

Players seem to put up offensive numbers but is the style of play "structured" (for lack of a better word) enough to prepare players for the NHL?
This is a very good question.
I've been wondering the same thing myself, as the Avs have Nikolai Kovalenko, whos numbers jumped a lot when he started playing for Torpedo.
Anybody want to chime in? @Caser @Kshahdoo @Garl @Zine

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nothing stands out?

He processes the game at an incredible speed, and his playmaking is as good as anyone in the draft.

In my viewings I didn't think his playmaking stood out all that much, definitely not to be as good as anyone in the draft.. and there's been a lot of guys I've thought processed the game very fast at the level they are at to not have it scale at the NHL level where most are top level processes of the game.

He's 27th on my list so more of a late 1st early 2nd guy for me based on the production in a men's league, the tempo and style of his game. I think that's a fair and reasonable area for him, he's a middle 6 player as currently projected with a bust risk and the slight possibility he develops into a top 6.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I actually don’t see a whole lot of differences between Artamanov and Helenius, despite the large difference is projected draft range. Helenius may or may not be a center in the NHL, but just comparing their abilities they are similar. Undersized, fine skaters, skilled and smart, with impressive pro production already.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad