Tribute f*** Mike Sullivan.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Yes, it's time. It's one thing to lose to a better team (something we will see a lot of this year). It's another to continually ice a group of guys who clearly don't even have an idea of what they are supposed to do when the puck is on the opponents' stick while surrendering 35-50 shots per game. A change is clearly needed.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Another data point.

This is the third season I've been charting the "Deserve To Win-O-Meter" each game. In the past three seasons, this game against the Oilers was the Pens' WORST ever "Deserve to Win" figure at 9%. The Pens' second worst game in the last three seasons was this March against the Oilers, when they clocked a 12%.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Best thread ever

BEANTOWN MEATHEAD...... He was a plug as a player......he now has a team of PLUGS.... congrats

My only wish is that I could go back in time, call Rick Tocchet and tell him to please drop the gloves with Sully for me.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
FSG looking at Sullivan's coaching record the past half decade:

this-is-fine_custom-b7c50c845a78f5d7716475a92016d52655ba3115.jpg

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He's done nothing since 2018. It's been the same team 7 years straight, from blowing leads in the third, to not knowing how to play with structure.

No idea how this doofus is so beloved by the hockey media, he should have been canned in 2020 after the bubble.

Reactions: Trade and TNT87

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Out of curiosity I put together Sullivan's record since the COVID shut down and it's actually better than I thought it'd be:

170-158 Regular Season + Playoffs
6-11 Playoffs only

After the Rangers playoff series loss he has been 81-92.

He probably should have been fired after the Canadiens play-in debacle but I guess COVID could be a reasonable excuse. At the very least he should've been fired after the second NYI series. (side note: getting swept by NYI was embarrassing back in the 2019)

Not firing him after the Rangers series is straight up inexcusable. He's had 2+ seasons since he should've been fired and, clearly, things are not working out.

It's rare I speak out about a coach but holy f***, make the change already.

Reactions: Gurglesons

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
I get not firing him in 18 - he was just coming off two cup victories, you’d figure any team to run out of steam.
I get not firing him in 19 - okay, there was some regression, but tinker with the roster you can maybe get back to winning.

I don’t get his continued employment the last half decade at all. 20 would’ve been the right time. I would’ve took 21, 22, 23!! At this point I can’t really care anymore. I want to see my favorite players do cool things, but you know this team isn’t going anywhere and nobody particularly cares at any level of the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad