F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yup. He looked good although he seemed to slow down as the game went on. He also needed to do more on the O.T. goal. Having said that, as you said, there was no doubt he belonged.

Michkov has the same type of games where he gases as the game progresses, they’re kids they’ll have to adjust to the NHL speed, nothing a few years of conditioning won’t fix, the Calder race between Michkov and Celebrini is going to be fun this year. Not a Sharks fan but will definitely catch games this year, Celebrini is quite the talent.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't understand why some people were questioning his upside if they watched him play coming into this season, I thought it was quite apparent his ability was top end.
I agree but I was still surprised how good he looked in the first period. After all, he's just a kid.

I mentioned this in another thread (One comparing Bedard v Celebrini v Hagens v McKenna) that in my opinion he is the only player of the latter 3 than can be better than Bédard;
1728663018578.png

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I wonder if we decide, in the near future, that he was the most underhyped prospect to come around. I always maintained that what he did in the USHL as a 16 year old and in the NCAA as a 17 year old was unprecedented and we all should have been more gaga over him than we were.

Yeah honestly Bedard was all hype, everyone was so busy talking about Bedard as being the next big thing, forgeting that Canada was on a harsher lockdown than usa.

And to top it all up Bedard has been given all the PP time he could get in chicago, they been pamper him real good over there... some nights he played 6-7 mins of PP and 22-23 mins of TOI and barely did anything...

Celebrini with 17 mins and 1.3 min of pp got 2 pts and hes also a guy that is working for his production, hes helping the team even when he doesnt have the puck and that is something for a rookie.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
The NHL is in a strong position right now, with a wealth of talent still under 30 and exciting young players like Celebrini ready to assume the mantle in the coming years.

Though the Sharks are not one of my teams, they are my local team, and I’m excited to go to some more of their games now that they have a supreme talent on the ice. Looking forward to when Chicago comes to the Bay Area on Halloween to see both Celebrini and Bedard, and of course in April when the Oilers come to town.

It’s about time Sharks fans have a talent like him to follow night in and night out.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
We get it bedard didn’t sign your poster of him and your 50 and mad about it

Sometimes you just bet on the wrong card. I dont blame you.

I bought a Rimouski 9.5 Graded Crosby card 20 years ago, i paid like 80$ USD for it on ebay... the card still sells for the same amount of $ 20 years later. Adjusted for inflation, the card lost value.

It happens. Bedard is a good offensive player. But if all your interested is to see a guy putting up points and not care about winning than you got what you wanted.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Sometimes you just bet on the wrong card. I dont blame you.

I bought a Rimouski 9.5 Graded Crosby card 20 years ago, i paid like 80$ USD for it on ebay... the card still sells for the same amount of $ 20 years later. Adjusted for inflation, the card lost value.

It happens. Bedard is a good offensive player. But if all your interested is to see a guy putting up points and not care about winning than you got what you wanted.
That’s… what?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I've got that beat.

I have a NFL penant signed by all the players on a (losing) SuperBowl team - some are very famous. I put it away for 40 years, assuming it would greatly appreciate in value.

A little while ago, I tried to sell it. One guy said he would give me $250 for it but he needed $150 to authenticate it. In other words, after 40 years, he offered me a lousy $100.

TBH, I should take the $100 and give it to my Church.

The NHL is in a strong position right now, with a wealth of talent still under 30 and exciting young players like Celebrini ready to assume the mantle in the coming years.

Though the Sharks are not one of my teams, they are my local team, and I’m excited to go to some more of their games now that they have a supreme talent on the ice. Looking forward to when Chicago comes to the Bay Area on Halloween to see both Celebrini and Bedard, and of course in April when the Oilers come to town.

It’s about time Sharks fans have a talent like him to follow night in and night out.
Yes, it's insane the amount of talent in the pipeline and it's another reason why the NHL should expand.

As a Canadian, I am amazed / pleasantly surprised how many of the top young players are Canadian.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I've got that beat.

I have a NFL penant signed by all the players on a (losing) SuperBowl team - some are very famous. I put it away for 40 years, assuming it would greatly appreciate in value.

A little while ago, I tried to sell it. One guy said he would give me $250 for it but he needed $150 to authenticate it. In other words, after 40 years, he offered me a lousy $100.

TBH, I should take the $100 and give it to my Church.

Yes, it's insane the amount of talent in the pipeline and it's another reason why the NHL should expand.

As a Canadian, I am amazed / pleasantly surprised how many of the top young players are Canadian.

I would never give money to church

Money is a tool of evil

SO i would say keep it, you never know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad