F Kristan Epperson - USNTDP, USHL (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

U17 national team forward enjoyed a great season for the famous Shattucks St. Mary’s. He is a good skater with good puck skills - he has seen a great amount of improvement over the past year and should be an interesting player to follow going forward.

OHL Rights: Saginaw Spirit

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a good complementary scoring winger. Doesn't drive a line, but he can provide some secondary offense. He has some very nice shifts where he can make some very skillful plays. He's a solid all-around offensive guy who skates decently also.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Things are going to the wrong direction for him. Has been difficult season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Things are going to the wrong direction for him. Has been difficult season.
The exact type of player who doesn't benefit from the NTDP. He becomes like the 8th most skilled forward. Doesn't play with the sandpaper to be a bottom lines player.

I'm sure the idea was that he could become more than the 8th most skilled forward, both himself and the NTDP. Otherwise, he wouldn't have accepted the spot or been picked.

However, that's what it's become. He might not get drafted now.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Always interesting to see a Wisconsin native with the capability to play for the Badgers leave the state. I guess he committed before Hastings got there to turn around the program, and the allure of Michigan is strong.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The NTDP has been trying to turn him into a grinder. He has speed and has started playing some PK. I don't think he's suited for it. Doesn't fit with how he plays hockey. Potentially they feel it's the only way he'll reach the NHL and they are trying to prepare him for what he'll have to be to be a pro hockey player, but I think it's too early for that.

He's in a bad spot. Should've never went to the NTDP. Being the 6th or 7th most skilled winger at the NTDP is the perfect way to ruin your hockey career, especially if you don't have sandpaper in your game.

I don't think he'll be drafted, but there's a chance someone sees potential and ignores how the last two years has went. Probably a good chance he'll be demoted for U18 Worlds, but he's still fast, not that small, has playmaking ability, and isn't that perimeter for a winger. Has improved a little defensively too because thats the role he's been placed in.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has 2+2=4 points in 4 games since being demoted. This demotion might get him drafted if he can keep this up. He needs offensive situations, and is now getting that.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Signed with Saginaw in the O. Surprising he didn't just decommit and sign with his home state Badgers. Interested to see how this plays out
Everything I've read about him seems to indicate he's going to love playing in Saginaw. They aren't going to ask him to be a grinder (we have those guys already), he seems to have good vision and is good on the forecheck. I wonder if they put him on Misa's wing eventually?

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is he for sure going to be a pro hockey player? It’s probably better than 50% he won’t be drafted. Should’ve went and got that education.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Had a ton of hype going into the NTDP, committed to Michigan then really took a step back and fell off the draft radar entirely. He has to be damn good off the bat for Saginaw or his chances of making it big time in the pro ranks are slim. Everyone quickly forgot about Colby Saganiuk, Epperson doesn't want to be the next to burn out

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Kristan playing with Misa and Chernyshov when he is healthy through Parekh on D and l can see a PP and top line that will give him a good chance to put up some decent numbers. Epperson has looked good in training camp JMO can see him going in the Draft.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Epperson and Misa continue to play off each other well this preseason. Will be interesting to see if they carry this chemistry into the regular season. Could be mutually beneficial for both players that have questions that center around their offensive upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad