F Kenta Isogai - Wenatchee Wild, WHL (2022 undrafted)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He might just be good enough that a team might sign him to play on an NHL Roster as some sort of historic milestone. (First Japanese born and trained skater in the NHL.)
Hell, he might have a small chance that he could genuinely carve out a fringe NHL career.

This guy is 100 times the player Aito Iguchi ever was.

He's been very good, in fact 2nd in rookie scoring with 26 points in 19 games. He's been used in all situations and usually skates with Connor Geekie.

There's an outside chance he may get drafted. Wont turn 20 until August. But if not that,, he may turn out to be a solid pro in the AHL or other professional league.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
50 points right now in the WHL and has yet to appear for Japan at any level? They may want to take a look.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It is kind of weird he hasn't. He's probably their best U-20 player.
Seeing as they just got relegated from Div 1 A, his offense may have saved them. I'd go as far to say irresponsible, unless he has his mind set on something else.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Believe he is still draft-eligible. Has he attended any NHL Development camps and is he worth a late round flier (or better)?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He has certainly answered the question of if he was just coat-tailing on Geekie and Savoie by absolutely tearing it up in their absence. I like how he seems very inner lane driven and that he gets mid slot for opportunities. If I had an extra late pick, he’ll even just a late pick, I would happily gamble on him being a bit of a late bloomer.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He has certainly answered the question of if he was just coat-tailing on Geekie and Savoie by absolutely tearing it up in their absence. I like how he seems very inner lane driven and that he gets mid slot for opportunities. If I had an extra late pick, he’ll even just a late pick, I would happily gamble on him being a bit of a late bloomer.

Thanks for the insight.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Will Scouch has always been high on Isogai. Isogai was doing a lot of good things in the USHL in Youngstown, but the production remained meh. But remember, the USHL is notorious for being harder to score in, especially for younger players. And they don't always put guys with more potential in the best spots to produce. Glad to see him popping off in the Dub.

Reactions: DaveG and Realgud

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Seeing as they just got relegated from Div 1 A, his offense may have saved them. I'd go as far to say irresponsible, unless he has his mind set on something else.
He would have needed to skip five WHL games if he was to go to Hungary. Besides other considerations that would be 4+5=9 fewer points for him and instead of 8th he would now be tied 22nd among the league top scorers. Would he still have a chance of reaching that 7th round draft pick?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
He would have needed to skip five WHL games if he was to go to Hungary. Besides other considerations that would be 4+5=9 fewer points for him and instead of 8th he would now be tied 22nd among the league top scorers. Would he still have a chance of reaching that 7th round draft pick?
Didn't realize it was his decision. If so, that makes sense.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Islanders draft pick, calling it.

They take chances and go off the board in rounds 6 and 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad