F Karlis Flugins - IK Oskarshamn, J18 Div.1 (2026 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Another Latvian I was quite impressed with. Flugins Is a very smart forward that is able to read plays well and play with speed. Acelleration could use some work, as with his lateral mobility but he has a good base of skills In which he could work on.

2026 could be a banner year for Latvia. It‘ll be interesting to see how he progresses moving forward.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

Another Latvian I was quite impressed with. Flugins Is a very smart forward that is able to read plays well and play with speed. Acelleration could use some work, as with his lateral mobility but he has a good base of skills In which he could work on.

2026 could be a banner year for Latvia. It‘ll be interesting to see how he progresses moving forward.

You are sure that's 2026 draft? From quality of camera looks like 1976.:laugh:.Nice move though.

• Haha
Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Heading to the Flint Firebirds of the OHL. They drafted him in the imports draft a month ago.

I have mixed feelings about this.
On one hand, with 2 years to go until the draft, he has plenty of time to acclimatize, plus its OHL and not QMJHL for a Latvian prospect for once, and its always great when 16-17 year olds go to these top junior leagues instead of undrafted 19 year olds.
On the other hand - he was playing in Sweden. Not in Latvia, not in Switzerland. He kinda just switched one top development program for another. And its just unnecessary risk, as I see it. Well, at least he has a season to spare - if something doesnt work out, he can always go back to Sweden next year, or stay and try to fix the situation before the draft.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I really can't wait too see the Latvian U18 team perform at the 2025 U18 WJC next year with Murnieks, Klaucans, Berzkalns, Flugins, Serkins in the forward corps.

And in a bit of summer daydreaming - imagine if the Griva brothers would lace up for Latvia instead of Germany.

As for Flugins, he's been playing in Sweden since he was 14, so there haven't been a lot of chances to watch him play. I for one consider a move to OHL beneficial at this age. It's not like he's going to the Q at 18 in some vain hope of getting exposure in North America.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
And in a bit of summer daydreaming - imagine if the Griva brothers would lace up for Latvia instead of Germany.
From what I read, they are disappointing people on this forum. I never seen them play, and I have no idea what to make of their stats in Germany U20, but a few years ago the narrative was that Latvia lost the next Sedins, yet now people familiar with them say they are not even good enough for the CHL, let alone NHL draft.
They would still obviously make the team and probably even improve it, but apparently nothing to dream about.

Reactions: pgfan66

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
From what I read, they are disappointing people on this forum. I never seen them play, and I have no idea what to make of their stats in Germany U20, but a few years ago the narrative was that Latvia lost the next Sedins, yet now people familiar with them say they are not even good enough for the CHL, let alone NHL draft.
They would still obviously make the team and probably even improve it, but apparently nothing to dream about.
Get ready for it; they’re Germany’s best performers at the Hlinka-Gretzky so far this year so soon the internet narrative will drastically swing back in their favour lol

• Haha
Reactions: Vikz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad