F Juraj Pekarcik - Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL (2023, 76th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Juraj Pekarcik
Height: 187 cm / 6'2"
Weight: 83 kg / 183 lbs
Nation: Slovakia

Juraj Pekarcik at eliteprospects.com

A winger, but he can also play center. I think that he could be a similar riser as Adam Sykora. He was born in September, so he'll be one of the youngest players in the draft, plenty of room for improvement. Middle to late round potential. He played really well in the pre-season game for Nitra. Really love his dynamic game. He is creative and strong with puck. He does everything well. I have no doubt that he will make another progress in Nitra during the year, at the moment it is the best place for prospects who want to stay at home in Slovakia.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Ranked #42 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters). This kid really has potential. It's a pity that he doesn't produce points in Nitra, even though Nitra is really tragic this season. I'm curious to see how he plays at the U18 World Championships, I think that's the way he can get drafted, even if it's in the late rounds. The fact that he is one of the youngest players in the draft can help him in my opinion, there is still a lot of room for progression and hopefully next season he will go the CHL way and show that he is legit.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I thought he had a pretty good season. Very interested to see how he does at U18 WC. I think his skill and skating with his pretty good size makes him definitely a player who should be drafted but it remains to be seen if he will be selected.

Reactions: Mrb1p and hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I thought he had a pretty good season. Very interested to see how he does at U18 WC. I think his skill and skating with his pretty good size makes him definitely a player who should be drafted but it remains to be seen if he will be selected.
Exactly. It will depend on what kind of performances he will show at the U18 World Championship. But I can see him going somewhere between rounds 4 and 7. And next season, as far as I know, he wants to go the CHL route anyway, so the club should keep an eye on him.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
He was really dynamic today. If it was any other goalie than Hrabal he could have had 1 or 2. He’s definitely got things to work on (play without the puck, releasing shot quicker), but you can’t teach the skill, vision and skating he has. I would play him with Dvorsky against Sweden

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
He scored another goal against Canada. Tipped a shot from the point with 50 seconds left in the game. A clutch moment. He was all over the ice, had a bunch of good moments in the game. He has shown he is not afraid of physical play as well. I am pretty sure he is rising in the rankings of the scouts at these championships.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
He scored another goal against Canada. Tipped a shot from the point with 50 seconds left in the game. A clutch moment. He was all over the ice, had a bunch of good moments in the game. He has shown he is not afraid of physical play as well. I am pretty sure he is rising in the rankings of the scouts at these championships.
Yes, once again, what a game by him. 10/10 for this kid for this tournament see him as clearly the best Slovak player here so far.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
He has the speed and instinct but there is a lot to work on. Definitely one of the best players on the team.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I didn’t watch todays game as it wasn’t on TSN (maybe streamed somewhere), but this kid has been a revelation. A real driver for the Slovaks. Speed, size and compete have all been excellent. Good hands, good shot. He’ll be a sleeper for me in the draft

Last edited:

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
As I wrote in the first post. Kid can be really riser, this tournament proves it. He has everything a player should have. And considering the date of his birth there is still a lot of room for progress.

Reactions: Martinez89

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
As I wrote in the first post. Kid can be really riser, this tournament proves it. He has everything a player should have. And considering the date of his birth there is still a lot of room for progress.
After the first 3 games, do you think his draft stock could potentially rise into the 2nd round? I'd expect him to be in the 2nd-4th round at the moment.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Habs should take a hard look at him.
Please don't. You already have two high end Slovak prospects and let's be honest Montreal is a big market and such pressure cookers aren't the best for development. I'm hoping for a good weather southern US market, Florida, Dallas or Tampa maybe for him.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Please don't. You already have two high end Slovak prospects and let's be honest Montreal is a big market and such pressure cookers aren't the best for development. I'm hoping for a good weather southern US market, Florida, Dallas or Tampa maybe for him.
I agree. I want a team who will be rebuilding soon. Pittsburgh, Washington, or Nashville

Reactions: Anchor5 and jcbio11

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
After the first 3 games, do you think his draft stock could potentially rise into the 2nd round? I'd expect him to be in the 2nd-4th round at the moment.
He really makes an impact all over the ice. I don't think he'll be 2nd rounder. This draft has quality and it's deep. But realistically I can imagine a top 100, maybe 3rd or 4th round. However, anything is possible.

Reactions: Castle8130

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He really makes an impact all over the ice. I don't think he'll be 2nd rounder. This draft has quality and it's deep. But realistically I can imagine a top 100, maybe 3rd or 4th round. However, anything is possible.
My thinking was he could rise into the 50-62 range of players if someone really likes him, but that makes sense.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad